X

First Thursdays in Minneapolis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Thursdays in Minneapolis

How come less and less Katana's are getting represented at bike gatherings. Minneapolis has First Thursday's. Great place to park and walk around and look at bikes. The Can of Tuna reference gets old but who cares? I can ride my bike from Minneapolis to Chicago. Sporty and comfortable. The bike can still handle the twisties and tops a buck thirty. What are some of the other fun bike meets around the country?
    Last edited by MinnKat600; 10-16-2012, 01:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Originally posted by MinnKat600 View Post
    How come less and less Katana's are getting represented at bike gatherings.
    Because most people buy a sporty-ish bike to ride, not park in a parking lot and hang out?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Good point. Some of us still like to do both. Anything to get out of the house and quit thinking about work.
      Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

Still looks as busy as it has always been. Does the Hardley and Goldwing crowd still **** everyone off, stopped going when the Boss Hoss idiots moved in. The event actually started many moons ago as the Norton owners group, happier days.
        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Harley's, Boss Hoss, and Goldwings do get in the way. BSA, Norton, Ducati, Triumph, and all the best sport bikes still make it worthwhile. Ducati owners group of Minneapolis has set up a nice both a couple of time. Good chance to see a Bimota once in a while. Love the asian bike comeback. Old and new. Last time I went even a Vincent showed up.

Last edited by MinnKat600; 10-17-2012, 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The old bikes are the only reason worth going for me. Think that Vincent belongs to Steve Hamel, local British bike guru, great guy.
            Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Another nice Britt. - Fun to see the classsic and high performance racers. Don't see these BSA's everyday going down the road.
              Last edited by MinnKat600; 10-22-2012, 12:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
              X