X

My first dropped Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first dropped Kat

Well it happened the other day I DROPPED MY KAT. Thats rights I layed it down on its left side. No major damage think God but I did scruff it up pretty good as well as my knee. Jeans offer no protection to those think they do just ask my MCL.

It happened like this. I was walking out of work and my cuz had parked next to me and some kid was looking at our bikes. We walked over and I introduced myself and asked the kid if he would ever buy a bike. He said no and I asked why his answer "there to dangerous." Me and my cuz chuckled and warmed out bikes and he pulled out....

I hit my throttle to follow (oh by the way the kid and his family are watching us leave the parken lot) and got to about 5 miles an hour and that when it gets fuzzy. All I remember is a car coming toward me and me sliding into a curb. I layed the bike down to keep from slaming head on into a curb and flipping off the bike. I realized later that the throttle had lodge and stuck when i was reving to accelerate to follow.

The family ran over to me as I poped right up body and bike fine pride broken. I signaled that I was ok and and told the family to stop running. The first words that I heard where from the boy..."I told U bikes where dangerous"
    <---Whatever or Whoever u do RIDE it hard--->

Yup, that's embarassing. But at least it's only your pride that was damage and you didn't hurt yourself.

You better get that throttle checked ASAP.
    Kyle

Comment

Glad you and the Kat are ok..
      Would it be too late for me to suggest buying some leathers???

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Q: Do you have a cruise control (Vista cruiser) or throttle lock (ThrottleMeister) on the bike? It's really unusual for the throttle to suddenly stick on out of the blue without one of these being involved unless you were just working on the cable slack and/or carbs.

Glad to hear it was primarily your ego that got bruised. Tonight drink extra fluids, down a bunch of asprin, and eat a high-protien dinner (meat intensive for most people; if you're a vegitarian, look for alternative sources of protien). Oh, and expect to be sore tomorrow.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

heh, yup..I pulled out of the parking spot on my nice new..already rashed GSXR 750and pull to the little, with a little xtra rev for the kid..:P Alli hear is...*reevvv, errrrrr...screeeeechhh...kaplowee!* that kid made it all better Like i said...all you had to do was hit the kill switch..and press the break..but oh well..u live you learn...oh and....

Where on monday did you post this? Cause i was at home..and you weren't here....
          Riding through the ghetto one street at a time.

Comment

oh Cyber, as far as the cruisecontrol, no that bike doesn't have one. It was my old bike, there are no mods done xcept +5 advancer, clo-commander, and a scorpion pipe...I hav eno clue what happened...i had it for three years and it was fine..he gets the bike and it goes psycho?!
            Riding through the ghetto one street at a time.

Comment

The bike runs fine now!!! And AtlantaKat i was at school when i posted it
              <---Whatever or Whoever u do RIDE it hard--->

Comment

Working...
              X