X

Newbie question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question

I recently bought my 91 600 in bits on a pallet and I am in the middle if putting things together.
    I have got the engine/carbs in and I am now refitting the wiring loom onto the bike.
    I have fitted all the relays I have ,starter solenoid etc but I have no lights or indicators fitted.The side stand switch has been removed and the wires soldered and wrapped.At the moment the wires to the ignition switch are just twisted together as the key was missing.
    However,I can't get the motor to spin on the button.It will if I bridge the terminals on the starter solenoid so is the solenoid shot?
    I also cannot ID the clutch switch as there appears to be no wiring leading to the bar switch.
    Many thanks in advance

The clutch switch connections are where the cross support is yellow/green wires, think that's the color. You can download a manual from the 'katana wiki' above.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks 92xjunker

Comment

No clutch switch wires there at all so I just went about cleaning and wiggling connectors and joints.A bit of rebinding,battery pack connected and BINGO...............it spins

Comment

Working...
        X