X

1988 600 Carb Rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 600 Carb Rebuild

[edit] Click images to view larger versions.

Just wanted to see if I'm forgetting anything.

Now, for where I'm confused. This states to tap the side softly and let it slide out (which I did), but, it won't slide out. If you look at image 3, is the circular piece in the middle the thing that is supposed to slide out? If so, how am I supposed to get it out? Pushing at it through the tallest part on image 2? Apparently that's the needle jet, and it's likely the thing causing all my problems, so I don't want to just say forget it and put them back together without cleaning it..
    Red 1988 600F

Yeah be gentle. You just don't want to scratch it. I think the reason it won't fall out is it's gummed up fuel, There is an o-ring there too right?
    Did you tap or try like getting ketchup out?
    Bang one hand against the other?

Comment

Well.. I've tried smacking the side of the carburetor with.. uhh.. quite some force, and none of the 4 moved at all. I wasn't sure if maybe the 88s were different or if it's just gummed up REAL well. Guess I'll keep trying. Half the annoyance is I can't find something small enough, NOT metal, to push down that hole and get the needle out.. ugh.
      Red 1988 600F

Comment

Well.. NVM, I got them. I didn't realize the bronze piece on image #2 was part of it. I just wacked at that a little and they were out. Thanks!
        Red 1988 600F

Comment

There you are..

Glad I was so much help!

Comment

Working...
          X