X

old school kats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old school kats

well i have been drooling for several years for another kat. yes like a moron i sold mine to "upgrade to the the new gsxr". god i cannot believe that was 24 years ago. as it stands now, i have an 82 frame with the stock forks and swinger.my plans for the fall ("once you get the shop finished", the wife screams loudly into my ear) is to start the kat rebuild. been looking at body parts and have been really shocked at the limited supply and prices. oh well. if push comes to shove i have a roll carbon/kevlar and can layup the body work.

i will be lurking here for pointers and inspiration. after selling the tl1000r a few months ago, i have the itch coming bad.

cheers
    scott

Welcome to the madness . I have a whole bunch of 82 parts, front fairing, light, trim peices, lots of electrical items. I have a complete 1000cc motor, in peices, has a bad bearing on the crank. I have all the bearings seals etc to repair this, just never got around to it. I will make a list and let you know. I will run you a good deal, if interested, i just really want this stuff out of the way.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

welcome
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I have many stock parts as well if Graham doesn't have what you're looking for

Comment

Welcome and get some pictures as you go.

Comment

Thank you. I really want to get this party started. I need to put the roof on my shop over the next few weeks. Once get that done, I have time to start. I will gladly remove your unwanted parts. I have been toying with a streetfighter'esque kat aka the kat fighter. We'll see which way it goes.

Comment

Smartbomb I have an '83 1166 motor that needs to be rebuilt if you had an interest.

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Sounds like you are well on your way to rebuilding that Kat
                2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Working...
                X