X

Poor-man's jetkit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor-man's jetkit

so i have heard here and there about a poor mans jet kit but i have yet to find a thread about exactly what it is or how a poor man would perform this. has anyone ever tried a poor mans jet kit? i'm going for power here, i got 750 headers and gutted cans on my 600. any help would be greatly appreciated. I also would like to run pod style filters, weather they are 4 individual ones or a 2 dual carb setup. i also heard tuning was a pain which is fine i'll just pay a shop to do it. i pulled my plugs earlier and the were very gray, thus telling me they theres a lack of fuel and too much air. i don't have the funding for a jetkit and i hate having my bike down and dont want to risk damage to the engine. i am also running one step hotter on the plug. could that be the problem? Thanks again!
    Out there we are all brothers.

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

Jet kits are cheap enough, so why would you attempt to mill your own kit? Also, if you're going to pay a shop to tune the engine, why not just have them put in a real jet kit at the same time?
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I must be missing something here as you say you don't have the funds to purchase a jet kit yet you state that you will pay a shop to tune it. What do you really think will be cheaper?

There is no way in hell that you will get a shop to tune that bike for the price of a jet kit.

Tmod

Comment

Sound like your up s***-creek then. I can't help you but like Londo said 100 and something can just you a jet kit it easy to install. But if you can't do that as YOU stated above... Well just ride it. Is it giving you any trouble?
        sigpic
        Update Jul 11 2014
        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

i am cheap, i was just going to have my local guy tune um for 50 bucks. just wondering if i can make something outta nothing. whats the recomended jet kit round here? i want pod filters and i am considering the dynojet stage 1 and 3 combo but i have heard nothing but great things about ivans.

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

Comment

Ivan's won't work with the pod or K&N replacement filter.

Factory Pro may but it will take some tuning time.

Dyno-jet kits are not known to work all that well on the Kat's.

If you don't mind me asking why the persistence on the pod filters?

Tmod

Comment

i like the looks of them. if its really not worth it i wont waste my money. i just think seeing the filters right there instead of a black plastic air box would look sweet. can i run the ivan's with the 750 exhaust? will it still run lean?

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

Comment

Well seeing you have the 95 600 it looks as the only option would be the Factory Pro CRB-S22-1.0 kit, They do have others such as the stage three and maybe your mechanic can get the pods working with the Config 30 kit.

Check them out at http://www.factorypro.com/

EDIT: I would like to add that there is no adjustment that can be made to the stock needle to make it meter like a custom ground needle.

Tmod
                Last edited by Tmod; 07-07-2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Have to agree Pods Filter Look really good. I was just recently disappoint that since my bike is a 98+ dont even mess with pods. So I leave it at that.
                  sigpic
                  Update Jul 11 2014
                  Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X