X

Fender Chop / Tail Light Mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrehendricken
    The bracket that holds the license plate what are its dimentions?

Looks great.
    (If I remember correctly)

The bracket is made from 1" aluminum angle stock (L-shape), and it's 1/8" thick.

Measure the distance between the two screws that attach the rear panels up to the undercarriage. You should measure from the outer edge of the screw head to the outer edge of the screw head. Add about 1/4" to that measurement...that will be your overall bracket length when completed. Take that measurment and add 2" (1" for each turn signal). That is the length you want to cut the aluminum stock. Once you have that, you need to remove 1" of one side of the angle on each end, and then just bend down the tabs for the turn signals.

I've attached a drawing that shows the bracket (before the tabs are bent, but after the excess aluminum is removed. The darker area is the return on the angle, as if you're are looking up at the bracket from underneath. Hope this helps.

Comment

perfect, I will be starting soon

Comment

Thanks guys it workout just perfect!!!!!!!!

Comment

very nice write-up

Comment

great post!
            Roops Photography|facebook|
            03 GSXR 1000
            04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
            Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Great write up...I may have to try this one...Can anyone tell me where you can buy that aluminum angle stock? What do you use to cut it for the size needed for the bracket? Lastly, I don't remember reading about the license plate light...where does that get mounted?
              I love the smell of gas and asphalt in da mornin'

Comment

You can get the angle stock at Lowe's, Home Depot, or Sear's Hardware.
                Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                -Terence

Comment

excellent post! great for a cheapskate like myself. I'm gonna download it and get sterted right away!!!1
                  Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

BUMP

Comment

BUMP

Comment

What are you bumping, Enforcer? Are you looking for info? If so, ask something. Just bumping posts is a good way to get posts deleted and post counts lowered...
                        -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
                          What are you bumping, Enforcer? Are you looking for info? If so, ask something. Just bumping posts is a good way to get posts deleted and post counts lowered...
                          I was bumping because I think this topic is a great idea. Didn't mean to cause any waves.

Comment

It's already a sticky. It's at the top of the page.
                            -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

I bought a fender eliminator kit on e-bay and installed it last week. It took about 2 hours and it is absolutely amazing at how different the bike looks without that shovel. It cost a littel over a hundred bucks and came with everything. It incorperates the stock signals too.
                              Since I took my time and was watching the last Miami Heat game, I took longer than I should have but, wow what a difference. If interested the info is as follows on e-bay. I am only listing this as it is a nice, easy to install, great looking aluminum hardware kit.

Katana 600/750 FENDER ELIMINATOR KIT NIB! 98-02
                              1998-2002 Katana 600 & Katana 750. Competition Werkes! Item number: 4630161145

He has other years too I love this kit.

Heck, had I known I could have done it with the above info I could have saved some cash! I should have checked out the body shop.
                              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                              JOHN 16:33

Comment

looks great!
                                I ride because I can't hear my phone ring over the exhaust...

Comment

Working...
                                X