No announcement yet.
X

gsxr headlight swap into pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I need to find those pics, or at least some of them.....I think what's going to have to happen is for me to wedge my wallet open and rebuild the the light just so I can repost what I did....but, cutting up a $200 light for nothing is tough. May be I'll do it and sell it when I'm done. Second thought....there is enough hits on this i'll get started on it anyway....heads up if you can't or won't risk a couple bills on a good condition light, cleaner the better, don't bother doing this. It is very easy to jack the whole thing up and have to start over....ask me how I know.... This one should turn out even better... Hint... HID halo projectors. Or devil eyes.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-28-2015, 04:06 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

i'm actually in the process of doing this myself. how did you mount the gsxr headlight?

Comment

The light has to be cut up and rebuilt to fit the bike, there is no possible way a stock GSXR headlight will fit a katana. The fairings will need to be cut to match the new light and reshaped in some areas. Took me 3 months to redesign the light and ensure it won't fall apart from vibration and bumps in the road.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

maybe because i don't have a gauge cluster but i had enough room for the light
          its just wasnt stable.

Comment

Being that I used an older, more Kat like headlight. It was a challenge. Pic of the back side would help others with fitment ideas. And how did you graft the fairings together?
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-22-2017, 08:00 PM.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Bolt on dual lamps

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              You do know they make one, for a Katana you can bolt right on right?
              Anyone know where to find one if these for a 1996 600 Katana? I have been googling without success.

Comment

Not sure if they still make those. Made by Wagner plastic technology.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks for the information Junker. Still no luck finding one. They are probably completely off the market. I am starting to look into other options.

Comment

This can be made to fit http://m.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZR600-...993?nav=SEARCH or this http://m.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YZF600R...930?nav=SEARCH should be relatively easy, some plastic mods and mount fab work. I really like this one, better jump on it before I do. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Koito-Projecto...746?nav=SEARCH
                    Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-29-2015, 04:37 PM.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Great come to the forum looking for headlight stuff and come across this stuff. Guess I'm looking to graft in some FZR Dual headlights. Anyone know what size those are? Maybe get some 7" and graft those in. Thanks for the ideas guys.
                      1990 Katana 1100

My wife says that I have never met a tool I haven't liked. People on the other hand......

Comment

Minimal effort to install those. You will need a relay to feed two bulbs without burning wiring or lamp sockets. 1 additional lamp socket and fuse holder
                        <<<<<<< the gixxer modded light. Lost the pics, sorry folks.
                        Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-03-2015, 09:12 PM.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Price reduced. http://m.ebay.com/itm/301816624187
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Great news folks!!!! I found the pics on Microsoft cloud Forgot I even had used it. It's going to take a while for me to repost them, due to system changes on KR
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Like to see a couple pics if you could.

Comment

I'll get started on that...
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                                X