240 fat tire kit on Katana 600 pic's here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cencalkat

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
    Now that the pics are up...you got my respect. Anyone willing to put that kind of money into a Kat to really make it their own is cool in my book.

I do see that the rear tire is offset a little to the right side, does that affect the ride or handling or do you not notice it??

+1 on getting that shock upgraded. be safe out there.

don't notice it at all ...It rides smoother to me

thankx for the feedback

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    Dude, bad *** all the way. That IS something to be proud of, at least I think so. I understand now how it was done and the pics are a huge +1.

The following is not in any way negative about your bike, just some questions and points about re-creating what was done.

Is that an 18" rim ? Looks like it to me, and I don't think the cobra's come in a size over 200 with 17" ? That would add to the tail clearance issue you were having a little I would think as it would be a bit taller than stock. Add to that the length, and yeah... definately would need to compensate on the shock. Glad you got that fixed, if nothing else the paint stripes it was putting on the tire was detracting from the big arse tire you have on there.

That offset to the right freaks me out a little. I'm looking at that set up and thinking it could be done without the offset being that significant, or at all possibly and still fit a 240 tire.

You mentioned they widened the rim to 9 1/2" wide. I'm a little curious why they went that wide. Looking at the picture of the tire straight on from the back, the profile of the tire looks like it's stretched a little bit as well meaning... the 240 tire is actually too small for rim!... Of all problems to have.

Going with a 240 tire, a better fit would be with around an 8.5 or 8.75" rim. I'd bet you could go up to the 250/40 tire without a fit issue with that rim as you have it set up right now, and get a better profile on the tires, but even then I think it would still be a little small for that rim to get the right profile. 9.5" would put the right fitting tire around a 270?.... Yeah, I believe that would be it.

I don't think anyone makes a 270 though...

If you can, measure edge to edge and see what the tire actually is mounted on the rim. I'd bet it's actually stretched wider than 240mm....

Anyways, again.. very cool, and grats on the custom ride.

Krey
    man that was good stuff ..he did tell me i could go for a bigger tire...lol.

240/18R IS THE RIM SIZE..nice

nothing else the paint stripes it was putting on the tire was detracting ...lol. so right!

great stuff man!!1

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Now thats what I am talking about! That looks like a first for me on a Kat! Thanks for posting pics from the rear where we could see it. Honestly, from the side view, it looks like a much smaller tire (170-190).

Looks great and congrats on a sweet bike!
    lol...thankx man!!
    Last edited by Bison Brotherz; 05-10-2009, 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    No more negative self talking..
    This destructive habit is often a self-fulfilling prophecy - we talk ourselves out of improving our performance or maintaining good new habits. We talk ourselves into just giving up.

Comment

looks great i had no idea a kat could be so sechsy

Comment

That is one sexy Kat!!Nice work man!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
        http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
        Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Ok, I haven't chimed in on these threads, but now I must !! That is the shizz man.
          Now, you want some more controversy? Turbo charge that baby !!!
          Oh and get some chromey happening !

Sweet ride bro, any more plans for it?
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

kaster

Originally posted by Kaster120 View Post
            looks great i had no idea a kat could be so sechsy
            thankx!!...not bad for 4 thousands buc's

Originally posted by neoshifter View Post
            That is one sexy Kat!!Nice work man!!
            thanks!!

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
            Ok, I haven't chimed in on these threads, but now I must !! That is the shizz man.
            Now, you want some more controversy? Turbo charge that baby !!!
            Oh and get some chromey happening !

Sweet ride bro, any more plans for it?
            yes! i'm thinking about a great paint design...chrome the footpegs,add a mp3 player chroming the triple tree and maybe air suspention,stage 2 jet kit ,and power commander,she might not go much faster but its my toy to play with...in other words blow money on...lol., i already have laser lights ...got some more ideals....i'm all ears...
            Last edited by Bison Brotherz; 05-11-2009, 07:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            This destructive habit is often a self-fulfilling prophecy - we talk ourselves out of improving our performance or maintaining good new habits. We talk ourselves into just giving up.

Comment

If you were going for a cool looking ride then you accomplished that. personally I love the look of a big fat wide tire, practical or not, it has that "horny" affect.

Dude, more pics please!
              R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. Too many people make claims and don't back them up - especially on the internet where they can hide behind their computers. Needing more pictures to prove something is typical. You can take it as a compliment that what you did needed the extra proof to make it believable.

Personally I don't really like the look of stretched bikes (maybe 2-3" max) but that doesn't matter. You have something special there and deserve some congrats.

Now if you are really trying to baby-Busa it up, I say get the swingarm chromed and one of those paint jobs that look like riveted panels.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

Jz67

Originally posted by JZ67 View Post
                  If you were going for a cool looking ride then you accomplished that. personally I love the look of a big fat wide tire, practical or not, it has that "horny" affect.

Dude, more pics please!
                  I will be posting more cleaner pic's ...lol..thankx homie!

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                  Thanks for the pictures. Too many people make claims and don't back them up - especially on the internet where they can hide behind their computers. Needing more pictures to prove something is typical. You can take it as a compliment that what you did needed the extra proof to make it believable.

Personally I don't really like the look of stretched bikes (maybe 2-3" max) but that doesn't matter. You have something special there and deserve some congrats.

Now if you are really trying to baby-Busa it up, I say get the swingarm chromed and one of those paint jobs that look like riveted panels.

yeah! i feel you on that ...lol..

thankx homie!

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                  Looks great! But the questions is.... hows that baby handle the twisties?
                  it handles well...like a race bike lol

Originally posted by t.c.mitchell View Post
                  that is a lot of meat on that back tire. nice!
                  thankz!!..now i can crush more road kill..lol
                  Last edited by Bison Brotherz; 05-11-2009, 11:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That looks good.Always wondered if you could do that to a kat.

Comment

FI swap and a turbo build, then maybe it could be called a baby Busa...maybe...
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

very cool bro!dig it!

Comment

justgoofin04

Originally posted by justgoofin04 View Post
                          That looks good.Always wondered if you could do that to a kat.
                          Yeah! ,i wondered for a about a year then i decided to see if it could be done...thankx homie for your positive feedback

Originally posted by trash View Post
                          very cool bro!dig it!
                          thankx a million!
                          Last edited by Bison Brotherz; 05-11-2009, 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

very cool BB, thank you for the pics!! Like we had discussed earlier, I couldn't grasp it without the pics, but now I can!! Badazs ride man, wish I had the extra$$ to fatten mine more than 190

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

no prob bro,i have a 6 over swingarm in the garage waiting to be put on,im chomping at the bit to get it on her,but i think im gonna wait till this fall,after riding season...if i can wait that long.

Comment

one word for you bro... SSSIICCCKKK!!! people are going to say what they're goin to say, but you've got a bike that is completely custom, and expresses yourself, which is the purpose when customizing ... whether it be a car, bike, or whatever. big ups for actually having the kahuna's to actually see it through, and succeeding where many other's have failed... how much did it run ya, if you dont mind me asking?

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                                "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Working...
                                X