X

And I thought D&D's Were Loud...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I thought D&D's Were Loud...

Yesterday, some squid pulls onto hwy 120 (in Marietta, GA) off the 120 loop, on a 98 or later Kat, wheelie bar off the back, and it is LOUD! I was in the Protege, so I knew if he wanted to blast away, there was no way I was gonna catch him, but as it happened, Squidley brakes and has to wait for traffic to clear to make a u-iee. I took a look, and damn if he HAD NO CAN whatsoever! (No, I don't mean he had no butt, I'm talking about his bike's exhaust!) Just angle cut, right about even with his kick-stand (which he probably took off, to "save weight...")

Way over the top! HE deserves a ticket.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

thats cant be good for the motor

Comment

Its not good for the motor. I cant remember exactly but its something about the backpressure maybe. Im not exactly sure.

Comment

if it is the same way with a car Strait piping/ No Pipe is a sure fire way to have a Valve get sucked into the combustion chamber and creating all kinds of havok. Multiply that by the high RPM's of the Motor equals i bet theres a Kat that gonna be getting a Heart Transplant in the future.
        I only hope that the valve dropping does not happen at high speed.

Comment

A squid on a Kat????neveer heard of such a thing....

Comment

Wow, open header would be even better... lol

Comment

Driving home from work a while back some kid pulls next to me on the same bike I have. Color scheme and all. Exchange greetings and get going on the green light. He pulls a wheelie and takes off, retard. As he takes off his exhaust leaves my ears ringging. I catch up to him on the next light and notice he removed his pipe. I don't say anything and go on my way home as I pulled over into my drivewayI notice him pull a u-turn and comes into my driveway.We shoot the breeze for a while and I mention to him not having his exhaust is going to burn his valves and his bike is running way to lean. He assures me he has done engine work to it and it is fine. Then he goes on telling me he has done 160 with it. Yeah right. He gives me his number to go out ridding as he leaves I just throw into the trash. Hope he doesn't get hurt when his bikes explodes

Comment

Nasty! Why would anyone do such a thing to their Kat? I can see a gixxer or as such, but us Kat owners take pride in our rides! I guess they will have to learn the hard way............

Comment

why do people think 'loud is fast'. its a new trend people just cutting exhausts off. cars and bikes are all doing it.
                  03 katanika

Comment

I have the original exhaust on my Kat and of course it has to go (uglyest thing I ever saw ) but it will be with the less noisy one possible .. can"t stand noise ... no matter where !!!
                    Guylaine
                    Try and keep up now

Comment

How loud can I make it? How big a back tire can I shoe-horn in there? Will drilling holes in the airbox make it faster? Does this paint go with my flip-flops?

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        How loud can I make it? How big a back tire can I shoe-horn in there? Will drilling holes in the airbox make it faster? Does this paint go with my flip-flops?

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        well come on, flip flops Do save weight over boots/shoes. so that one is legit.
                        03 katanika

Comment

I have seen more and more young squids around here doing that and yes, it makes my D & D sound like a stock exhaust.
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                          X