Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

first time rider, soon to be a katana owner!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time rider, soon to be a katana owner!

Hey everyone. I was in the process of buying a brand new GSX650F, when I decided for a first bike, I want something a little more.........preloved. So I decided on a katana.

I'm going out later today to make my purchase. Its a 2002 Katana 600 yellow with 3233 miles. heres a link:

I work here: http://www.truckparadise.com
    And I happen to do a lot of work for the owner of that suzuki shop, so I hope I can get a good deal.

Anyone have an idea of what I should be asking for, assuming this is an amazingly clean, well cared for bike?

I'm from ohio, near dayton, and this will be my first big purchase, and my first bike. I'm stoked.

I have no clue, but to give you an idea, two months ago I picked up an 04 750 Kat with 7400 miles on her for about 3800 bucks.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders ! ? 2K-3Ks my guess
      sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

If the rubber is original, I would try to negotiate the price into the 2,500 - 3,000 range, based on the fact you should replace the tires after 5 years regardless of miles. In addition, the brake lines and fuel hoses should also be replaced. Unless you can convince the dealership to do all of those maintenance items, I would offer a lower price, as you are probably looking at $500.00 in parts to ensure she's 100% road ready.
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I bought my 2003 Kat 600 w/ 4500 miles for $3700 a few weeks ago. It looks practically new. The tires looked good, but they suck a$$ and buying new ones next week. I still think I got a fair deal though. You can look at my bike in My Photos. Being a little bit older and higher miles, I would push for $3000, but good luck at a dealership which has to lay in their cost of business and the market for motorcycles is on fire right now.

Comment

and the stealership lied to you, the kats NOT fuel injected as according to their stat sheet
            New Ride

Sold Kat

Comment

hello and welcome to katriders there is alot katanas on sale far cheaper than that price I think 3000.00-3400.00 is a fair price
              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

CRAIGSLIST

If money is the problem and you are trying to finance at the stealership, just get a credit card and use one of their checks that has a 0% APR for some time or for life. Sure their might be a $75 charge or something but that sure beats paying $1000 more than what you can get another one for on craigslist.
                Last edited by Absolutnati; 05-15-2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

to almost everything above

and

Welcome to KR!
                    -
                    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

thank you all very much. I'm going to see if I can get it for $3500 out the door with a helmet. If they can do that, I would be happy. And yes, their website is wrong, but i dont care.

Comment

I would go lower than $3500, hit them with $2800 to start and negotiate. Plus it looks like there's a little rash on the engine cover and fairing from that pic. Could just be a reflection but I would definitely look closely at it. Good luck and welcome to KR!

Comment

Dont forget frame sliders to protect, you new toy.
                          www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                          Katana Frame Sliders
                          The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                          98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                          I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                            2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                            2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Hello and welcome to KatRiders. I hope you get a deal that you can live with. I know you will love the bike.
                              2003 Katzuki 600

Comment

Working...
                              X