X

HOLY CRAP my brakes have been neglected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLY CRAP my brakes have been neglected

The MC had a THICK layer of sludge on the bottom and the brake fluid was mud. Im not going to bother rebuilding the MC. Im going to hunt for an '04-'05 GSXR MC and just go that route. The picture was after I had already wiped out some of the sludge.

The pistons were so sludged into the calipers, it took about 10 minutes of 100 psi compressed air to finally get them out.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

WOW!!!!

Comment

My 91 wasn't much better when I tore down and rebuilt the calipers.

Comment

Mmmmm Maple syrup.

Comment

And just to give you a heads up...

If you are NOT replacing the brake lines, you'll want to disconnect them from the splitter and the caliper and then disconnect the other line from the master cylinder and splitter. Then take 'em outside and run brake cleaner through 'em. Even flushing with new fluid will not get all the crap out.

Comment

I bought some HELs so I'll be using those when I put everything back together.

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
                I bought some HELs so I'll be using those when I put everything back together.
                good call!
                Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                18v Rigid Drill
                Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Just an FYI...I think the 04-present GSXR MC are for Radial brakes..not sure what the difference is but you may want to see if that is going to make a difference...03 and prior are not radial...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Radials were 05 up.. (on the 1000, 04 up on the 750/600)
                    According to Ron Ayers.
                    You might be able to use the radial MC, it all depends on the volume.
                    Last edited by Black_peter; 04-03-2008, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I ended up buying an '03 SV1000S MC which is the same MC used on the '01-'02 GSXR 1000. Im pretty sure that isnt a radial MC so I shouldnt have a problem with it.

Comment

looks like many years of not flushing the system out to me.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

WOW. Thats alittle scary. The more and more Im on theses forums. The more I realize my POS aren't that bad
                          sigpic
                          Update Jul 11 2014
                          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

This is what my brakes look like now.

Attached Files

Comment

those brake lines look real familiar
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X