Can the GSX650F beat the R6?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
    It's ALL about ego and personal budget
    I guess if everyone on this board got the chance to swap bikes at no costs (so not having to pay it, nor maintain it, buy gas, pay insurance and taxes aso) most off us would be wondering why in hell this board was ever named Katriders, sure there weren't much kats around anymore.
    (sure enough allso a group off former Katriders regretting they swapped their Kat....)
    The new Kat is a mediocre performer in allmost any aspect, but it's allso a forgiving and easy to ride bike with a relatively high and complete comfortlevel, which does not apply to the YZF or any other SS-bike.
    So comparing apples and oranges but since it's done from a certain point off view (real world usability) it's ok with me.
    i would have a busa when all said and done...
    02 Suzuki Katana 750
    05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jabara57 View Post
      My Gixxer 750 is 95% as comfortable as my katana was and about 500 times easier to live with while riding
      Sounds like he was getting teased on his Katana.. =(
      2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
      Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
      2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Chin View Post
        Sounds like he was getting teased on his Katana.. =(

No actually I wasnt, were you poor little boy?

To answer questions, the bike is easier to live with beacuse it is much lighter weight. This comes into play anytime you are riding. Accelerates, brakes and turns faster and easier. Thus easier to ride.
        2002 GSX-R750
        2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

^Nope.. Just what your post sounded like..^
          2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
          2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Chin View Post
            ^Nope.. Just what your post sounded like..^

how in the world does

"My Gixxer 750 is 95% as comfortable as my katana was and about 500 times easier to live with while riding"

sound like i was getting teased on my katana? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????
            2002 GSX-R750
            2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                  2002 GSX-R750
                  2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

I Can Remember When Me And A Couple Freinds Pulled Up In Front Of A Bar And One Was Ona 07 Busa And The Other One Was On A 07 Gixxer 1000. These Girls That Were Outside Said They Liked My Bike Better. Oh To See The Look On My Buddies Faces. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jabara57 View Post
                      how in the world does

sound like i was getting teased on my katana? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????
                      Maybe its just what I was expecting after reading all your posts... My mistake.
                      2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
                      2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

I read a few of these posts and I am alway baffled at the comparisons that always come up from them...can this beat that...it's like who's D$%K is bigger...if you want speed Busa or ZX14...but this story always comes to mind when I see these threads....
                        On a beautiful winter day in Siberia, encouraged by the warm rays of the sun in a clear blue sky, a little sparrow left the security of his nest to fly and frolic in the air, but the 40o below zero temperature quickly overcame the imprudent bird who fell to the ground, frozen, and found himself buried in the snow where he would certainly have died in an instant.
                        But by chance a cow trotted by at that moment, and at the very spot where the sparrow was struggling for his last breath, she dropped a large soft cow-dung on top of the bird.
                        The warmth of this dung-bath resuscitated the moribund sparrow. He was so happy, he raised his head out of the cow-Sh$t and started to twitter joyfully, which drew the attention of a wandering homeless cat who delicately pulled the sparrow out of the Sh$t and devoured him.

The moral of this story: Your enemy is not necessarily the one who Sh$t's on your head. Your friend, however, is not necessarily the one who pulls you out of the Sh$t. And besides, one should never twitter when one is buried in Sh$t.

So with this said the right Kat with the right modifications and rider can devour any SS bike out there....
                        Yeah you thought this was going in another direction didn't you....
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

LoL

Yup but the same "right rider" on a gixxer will smoke a katana... I know cause I own both...LoL...

Honestly if the engineers would have offered a much better and adjustable suspension on the katana it would still be great and still be selling on the showroom floor. The showrooms were filled in 2006 with 600 and 750 katana's and all of them are gone now... Fkng emissions regs killed it...

As for getting teased, nahhh no one really teases anyone on a katana, its a myth. I've taken it to several sportbike nights and there were quite a few SS riders huddled around it. What I get alot of is some people think its a busa but aren't quite sure. Now what I have to remind most SS riders is that the katana is a sport tourer with more sport and does it quite well but its not a track bike like the gixxers.

As for comfort and ease of riding, torque, HP, fuel injection, fully adjustable suspension, radial brakes all give the gixxer an edge that no katana will ever have... However, the katana new was sold at a great price which is why I bought one back in July 06... Other bikes were pricey and didn't offer as much and looked cheap. Looking back I should have been patient and bought the gixxer but all the hype about "Razor sharp steering" and "Its too freeken fast" got to me so I clipped a nut and bought the katana... Don't take this the wrong way I praise the katana for everything it is but I also am honest and know what it isn't...

Ohhh if they wifey weren't so darn short I'd drop that katana and keep it for her... Its much faster than her 650R but don't tell her I said so, we already get into the kawasaki versus suzuki battles, LoL
                          Last edited by madkatana; 02-23-2008, 10:27 AM. Reason: speler
                          "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Working...
                          X