X

Want opinions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want opinions

So this is my first post outside of my introduction I don't have much advice but I read a lot and learn a lot from this site

I do most of my riding heading home from work at 2 in the morning and was wondering if adding leds would be worth it? I'm not sure how much it would light up my bike and even if it is real noticeable.

Another question is I have read that everyone on here likes the continental road attack tie and I am in desperate need of a tire and was wondering if this is the main recommended tire

Thank you in advance for all the feed back

Originally posted by Dakotawilson25 View Post
    So this is my first post outside of my introduction I don't have much advice but I read a lot and learn a lot from this site

I do most of my riding heading home from work at 2 in the morning and was wondering if adding leds would be worth it? I'm not sure how much it would light up my bike and even if it is real noticeable.

Another question is I have read that everyone on here likes the continental road attack tie and I am in desperate need of a tire and was wondering if this is the main recommended tire

Thank you in advance for all the feed back
    Adding LEDs can help depending on what your wanting. If you want just the "light up the engine and ground effects lighting" most states say that is illegal.

Adding additional LED red lights for breaking can help on visability... but so would reflectors in general.

Reflective tape on the wheels and fairings is a good option too. You can get colors that blend in with the bike, but show up really reflective at night when lights are shined directly on them.

As for the tires... I like the conti's... good tires. Michelin makes some good ones too... pirelli... also good. I generally avoid bridgestone and dunlops at this time for motorcycle tires.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

LED's will help with visibility, but Krey also had good suggestions. You can replace the stock headlight bulbs with Silverstar Ultras, for some cheap additional road lighting.

As for tires, I can only speak about the stock Dunlops (crap) and Road Attacks (awesome). Hope that helps.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

For increased visibility (for oncoming traffic), your best bet would be to add some driving lights located off the caliper mounts. This will increase the amount of light projected, as well as increase your "footprint" to oncoming drivers. +1 for adding some retroreflective or SOLAS tape to the forks and rims.
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I like Michelin pilot tires.

Comment

I have added 6000w hid head lights for my own personal vision and I am looking into the contis I appreciate the help

Comment

Originally posted by Dakotawilson25 View Post
              I have added 6000w hid head lights for my own personal vision and I am looking into the contis I appreciate the help
              Where did you get your hids? Id like to get a kit for my bike...

Comment

Road attacks are awesome. The road attack 2 just came out. Supposed to be great. All of the good traits of the road attack one with a softer compound on the edges of the tires. Try them out and tell us about them, I'm thinking of getting them myself.. Right now I have a sport attack on the front and road attack in the rear and couldnt be happier

Comment

motorcyclehidxenonlights.com don't forget to buy two kits since the katana has both bulbs burning at once instead of one dim and one bright

Comment

wish I could help on the tires, I'm a pre98 Kat with less then limited options. Darn odd sizes. Just never got around to swapping things around.

I do love the extra LEDs in the tail. My stock brake light is too low. Just haven't fixed that yet. My Dad did on his bike and it helps a lot.
                    Are we riding yet?

Comment

Well I have the rear led tail lights and I do love the look and brightness it helps a while bunch

i just ordered the Conti road attack 2 tires i will post my opinion on them once i recieve them and get them on.
                      Last edited by Dakotawilson25; 03-10-2011, 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I use Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's.. They are excellent tires! Many say the contis are great. A tire is like a shoe. Every person has their own opinion on whats comfortable. I like nike shox but my brother hates em. says they arent comfortable. Just like tires. I like the michelins. contis arent my cup o tea. to each his own tho
                        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                        Current Bikes:
                        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

+1 on the pilots. I haven't had to many others, a pirelli and a shinko. The pirelli came with the bike and was about 50% when I got it. The shinko was crap (maybe just the model). I put the 2ct on there and will probably never change it. Makes my bike feel great and they last quite a while. Find one you have confidence in and go for it

Edit: I use the pilot road 2ct, not power.

Comment

Originally posted by jjhussell View Post
                            +1 on the pilots. I haven't had to many others, a pirelli and a shinko. The pirelli came with the bike and was about 50% when I got it. The shinko was crap (maybe just the model). I put the 2ct on there and will probably never change it. Makes my bike feel great and they last quite a while. Find one you have confidence in and go for it

Edit: I use the pilot road 2ct, not power.
                            The roads have good longevity cause its a touring tire. the powers are a racing tire. they get about 8k on a tire. great traction tho
                            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                            Current Bikes:
                            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                              The roads have good longevity cause its a touring tire. the powers are a racing tire. they get about 8k on a tire. great traction tho
                              Yeah I know. I had a power 2ct rear one time. It didn't last as long and I really couldn't tell much difference in grip. Honestly, I don't think the katana 600 has enough power to need a power. If I had a RR type bike I would go with the Power 2ct. I am sold on Michellan for motorcycle tires. I noticed from your signature that you have a ZX-14 is that what you use the power for or are you using the power on the kat as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X