No announcement yet.
X

New Paint job ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang... I think those are the best looking Kats I've ever seen - makes me want to ditch my '92 and go find a 98+ (although my wife would kill me for even thinking that).

Comment

Hey Waltari, I would love to learn to be able to use a graphics program to that sort of thing... How (or where) can I learn how to do that sort of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Newrider2000
        Hey Waltari, I would love to learn to be able to use a graphics program to that sort of thing... How (or where) can I learn how to do that sort of thing?
        Well...I spent alot of time during my undergrad in photography and graphic design and got even more in depth when I earned my Master in Fine Art here:

Not to say you cant pick up some books from borders and teach yourself at home but having years of school and on the job train tends to help a bit

Comment

Yeah, it does... I understand that perfectly. Went to art school some time ago, kind of amazed myself with what I could do.

How long did it take you to do one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by Newrider2000
            Yeah, it does... I understand that perfectly. Went to art school some time ago, kind of amazed myself with what I could do.

How long did it take you to do one of those?
            1st one was about a 1/2hr, 2nd one was a bit quicker

Comment

So how would you do a paint job like that? Would you paint the base colors then use decals or would it all be paint?

Comment

You could do it either way. Decals would be easier, but where is the fun in that? To do it all with paint you would spray one color at a time and tape off what you want left the other colors. Thats the way we are doin it. Just a little more pride bein able to say that it is all paint

Comment

I'd do it all in paint.

Comment

first bike.... sexy as hell!! thats a sleek lookin kat right there... i dont care who ya are...

Comment

Working...
                    X