X

Rear R6 shock conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear R6 shock conversion

Hey I know I have read on here that the R6 rear shock will swap over to a pre katana. I have a 97 750 and my rear shock is shock and I would like to buy a rear one off of an R6 and swap it. My question is exactly what year rear shock will work? and is there any other modifying needed to swap it over? Thanks

08+ is what u want. For me it was a direct bolt on but my bike is an 88 600. Took all of 10 minutes to do , huge improvement!

Comment

Cool thanks! Does it have to be the R6R rear or is the R6S okay to use too cuz I believer they are a little different

Comment

I think its the r6s , you can double check the sticky thread on the swap in suspension area of the forum.

Comment

It's an 08 shock like mentioned. Yellow spring. I think the r6s has a red spring and different mounts. There is 2 on eBay right now

Comment

08+ R6 works plus you'll need to make up some adapter bushings for the lower mount or better yet just get some from T-mod. I didn't need to make any modifications to the battery box, just be aware its going to lower the rear about 1 inch or so.

Richard
            Attached Files
            96 Suzuki GSX750F
            89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
            05 Yamaha WR450F
            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt want ANYTHING off the R6S. The R6 sucks enough as is, why would you want the even crappier version
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Spring color is irrevelant it could be red or yellow. Read the sticky in the suspension section of the forum. I believe the difference is the orientation of the hydraulic oil reservoir that makes one work and one won't.

Comment

Working...
                X