No announcement yet.
X

Battery and Dying problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the kind of battery where you fill it and put the strip in. There isn't any real easy way to open the strip again and the instructions say not to.

And I don't have the receipt anymore. I'm sure I shredded it when I was cleaning off my desk.
    Last edited by brooder; 06-20-2008, 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Whelp, I don't know then. You could try taking it back, or just eat the $83 loss with the knowledge that the Yuasa battery will last much longer.

For the record, I keep all receipts from the past year in a hanging folder. When tax time rolls around I clean out/shred anything minor, and keep the receipts for anything over $200. I got a new pressure washer out of this when my old one failed inside the warranty period.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I usually keep all receipts for the return/warranty period. I'm sure I just didn't see the battery on there when I was cleaning. I always hold onto those for a year.
        -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

teh worst they can do is say no. bring it back. even the bike batteries i've bought the store or dealer has engraved the date of sale on it. dollar to a dime says you wont find the el cheapo brand from anywhere BUT wallymart so they'll know it's theirs.
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

So I picked up a Yuasa battery yesterday. I love this stealership. They charge them before selling them. Anyway, I hooked it up this morning. Before connecting the negative lead, I decided to check for a short. 10V short. Son of a ....! Now I get to spend time figuring that out and I have no time until later this week. I'm hoping it's the new gauges I put in. I didn't have this problem until I put those in.
            -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

I had a car that was an electrical nightmare - the only good thing to come from that is you learn a lot (or you'll never get to drive it). Good luck tracking that down.

Comment

The new gauges, are we talking aftermarket? -- where did you connect them? The ground wire in the california plug isn't a clean ground...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                  The new gauges, are we talking aftermarket? -- where did you connect them? The ground wire in the california plug isn't a clean ground...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  That would be it, then. That's where I connected it. I remember you posting something about that in another thread. That was going to be my first check. I'm going to splice it into the third eye ground or the turn signal ground.
                  -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Run the positive to the california plug (or if you're running a relay for the gauges & other accessories, run the sense positive for the relay to the california plug); run the negative straight to the battery ground terminal so you get a "clean" negative (necessary for the gauges to read correctly).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Alright. I'll give that a try. My first test will be to disconnect the gauges and see what happens. If that's the case, I
                      just need to find the right gauge wire to use. Hopefully I can get it tomorrow and get it running tomorrow night so that I can ride this week. I'm dying to ride. So is my wallet.
                      -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

No go. I disconnected the gauges and for good measure, since I've added the 03 tail, the tail light bulbs. Still have a 10V drain somewhere. Guess I'll be spending my day off Thursday trying to figure it out.
                        -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

is the ground cable on the battery itself loose?
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I've disconnected the negative lead, and the ground, from the battery and I'm testing it that way, per CP's battery diagnostics. I was going to check the ground off the battery after I get the right side plastics off this week.
                            -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Simple question:
                              When is the last time you changed the battery in your multimeter?

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                                Simple question:
                                When is the last time you changed the battery in your multimeter?

Cheers,
                                =-= The CyberPoet

It's brand new. I bought it Friday. And I mean the multi-meter, not the battery. Although that's brand new as well.

What really sucks is that I'm supposed to be taking a safety course a week from today. It's an alternate duty location so I get paid to ride. But if my bike isn't running properly, I won't be able to take the course.
                                -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Working...
                                X