Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

On w/ the mods: 190 rear tire,20+ HP gain, here we go!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am putting a 190 on my Kat.. but for many reasons and yes looks are one of them.

Comment

Thinking about putting a 170 on my Kat. Hurry up with those pictures, too!

Comment

Runnin stock on mine, works great, but I totally get the look of fat tires. Those Modded Busa's with 300's, that's just sic lookin. Sure it probably turns like a brick, but custom is cool too. If you want a fat tire and don't mind eatin dust in corners, then do it! I've thought about it, but then I looked at the price of the rims and tires and figured eating has priority....

Comment

so where was it that the 20hp gain was comming from? and what is the overall hp going to be when ur done?
          << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
          KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

20 hp gain? You better have a new engine mod coming

Comment

Originally posted by lhall002
              20 hp gain? You better have a new engine mod coming
              or a small amount of nitrous.

Comment

Re: A question for KR's

Originally posted by james71
                Why is it, that with a universally accepted trend toward wide rubber on the back wheel in today's cycle market are questions and comments relating to "wider tire" are always subject to critisim, rude remarks and a general negative tone?
                I didn't think I was being negative.. I was trying to say that adding a wide rear tire to a Katana (especially one as wide as 190) will not make the bike handle better or make it more comfortable on long trips. I was trying to correct you about a common misconception that tire width = more cornering ability. Unless!! Unless you have other changes in mind that make it part of a system where it works.. Throwing it into a system designed for a 170 max tire doesn't work. Honestly very few people have the riding skills and roads to use a 190 tire. And riding around on a 190 with chicken strips as wide as a nickel on each side is just like a 160 with no chicken strips..

Comment

Re: A question for KR's

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  And riding around on a 190 with chicken strips as wide as a nickel on each side is just like a 160 with no chicken strips..
                  I'd rather go with no chicken strips.

Sounds like an excellent project the fits what you want out of your bike. Only once it is complete, you will know if you like it or not. obviously it's the appearance you want out of the bike. I have noticed a couple Kats that changed to the busa wheel. Not sure what i think about it, because I haven't seen it in person or rode one with the change. I would like to have a 170, maybe 180 just for appearance. But I'm not willing to go all out for it, yet. Good Luck, can't wait to see pics. this could possibly be a KOTM. It's altimately a personal opinion.
                  myspace
                  2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Yeah, guess I didn't get the whole "kid" "phat" thing since I'm 35 and married and on my 9th bike. I want a kat customized. Not a immature looking little wide tired short bike w/ a drink coaster on the back for my wife to sit on.
                    Mat0302, 87vert , 89beastie, SL1D3R, chriskat, I think you guys see where I'm headed with this, and thanks for the support.

I'm too dam old, and too smart to force this bike into a mold when I could have actually saved money by just buying a 600 sport w/ a 190. Two up riding more stable between the stop lights w/ a 190? Maybe. We'll see. I can tell you it can only improve. Pretty darn wobbly now.

For those of you that were interested in the pics, I will possiblely leave the bike with the builder next week. Hope so.

james
                    Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
                      So where's the 20+ hp gain coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert

Comment

Originally posted by KRAZYKAT
                          so where was it that the 20hp gain was comming from? and what is the overall hp going to be when ur done?

Comment

Originally posted by KRAZYKAT

notice the little wink he put next to my name? thats probably saying that it is coming from a nitrous shot.

Comment

ohhh okay! i thought he was buttering you up for a date or something? can someone say "red lobster"!

Comment

NOS, on a kat? Oh brother....

If you want 20 hp, just swap a b12, or a slingshot in there...probably be cheaper....and way more than 20hp.
                                Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                                18v Rigid Drill
                                Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                                New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Working...
                                X