Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
    use a keyless gas cap.
    So much this.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I t ve the resistor information you are looking for. We kept the pre carbs and wiring harness when we did the swap. It was easy-peasy that way.[/QUOTE]
      np, just looking for a fellow Kat user to assist another one..

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      So much this.
      still does not pop my seat off with only a post key
      Last edited by Lykkan; 09-12-2012, 09:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
        Yeah but some of us need the information who aren't going to use it for bad.
        No need and want are different things. You don't need this information, you want it so you can get this done cheaply.

If I had the info you're after I would pm you. But I don't mess with post electronics.

Have you considered talking to a locksmith about putting your pre ignition internals in a post ignition so you can use the same key? Honestly not sure if that will work, or be cheap, but it's a possible option.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Cheaply? Money is not a problem, I'm looking for the fastest route to get my bike back on the road. Obviously no one here is going to even attempt to get me the information I am looking for, but the guy I bought the engine from is going to help me

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

They can usually be rekeyed too...

Rekey the post ignition to your 95 key, then you only have one key and dont have a hotwired bike.
            Last edited by scottynoface; 09-12-2012, 09:44 AM.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yea I'll get right on giving you info that I already told you I don't have.

And we have already given you suggestions for the fastest and best routes, but you don't seem interested in hearing those.
              Hard to help someone that won't hear what they don't want to.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

They can usually be rekeyed too...

Rekey the post ignition to your 95 key, then you only have one key and dont have a hotwired bike.
                I'll look into that, thanks

Comment

Before you get all accusatory about people here not being helpful and trying to keep you from getting your bike running, remember you made a choice that not only cost you performance, but make this whole process much harder on yourself to begin with. A choice that is against the advice of all the knowledgeable experts here. Given that, it doesn't hurt my feelings at all to here you, in effect, call us all "Big Meanies".

At the end of the day, my pre Kat with a post engine starts, runs and has matching locks.
                  Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Yea I'll get right on giving you info that I already told you I don't have.

And we have already given you suggestions for the fastest and best routes, but you don't seem interested in hearing those.
                    Hard to help someone that won't hear what they don't want to.
                    if you dont have the answer, obviously I am not asking you. And what were the methods previously mentioned? Using 2 keys? Going with the old wiring system and using old carbs?
                    I have mentioned I have no interest in 2 keys or old carbs.

Comment

if you dont have the answer, obviously I am not asking you. And what were the methods previously mentioned? Using 2 keys? Going with the old wiring system and using old carbs?
                      Old carbs? They're the same thing, probably even the same throat size

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
                        Before you get all accusatory about people here not being helpful and trying to keep you from getting your bike running, remember you made a choice that not only cost you performance, but make this whole process much harder on yourself to begin with.
                        Where was the performance lost? Press and posts have same performance potential, pres came with better-breathing dual exhaust and most likely less harsh emission standards to meet thus a richer OEM fuel flow than post

Comment

You must not read much if those were the only pieces of advice you found in this thread.
                          1992- project katfighter
                          2005- GSXR750
                          2001- TL1000R
                          www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Old carbs? They're the same thing, probably even the same throat size
                            Most likely they flow the same amount of air but you've obviously never been inside both of them to know how different they are

Comment

Where was the performance lost? Press and posts have same performance potential, pres came with better-breathing dual exhaust and most likely less harsh emission standards to meet thus a richer OEM fuel flow than post
                              Negative ghost rider. Pre's over all have more power than post counterparts. Oh and let me tell you that the pre carbs have a little something to do with that.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Negative ghost rider. Pre's over all have more power than post counterparts. Oh and let me tell you that the pre carbs have a little something to do with that.
                                what would that be?

Comment

Working...
                                X