X

Front sprocket cover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front sprocket cover

Changed the front and rear sprocket on my 04/600 along with a new chain. When I go to put the front sprocket cover back on it binds up and will not allow it to spin the tire (even with the clutch in) It appears when I put the cover on somewhere inside must be hitting. I did change sprocket sizes and went with a 47/16 but wouldn't think that it would push the chain out enough to hit the cover.

Anyone else have this issue?

thanks

It does. You need to remove some material to use a 16 tooth front sprocket.

Comment

Yup, 16t front requires grinding.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

15t is the limit with out grinding..
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

yep you guy's are right

Yes indeed there is some grinding to be done. It's the bolt tower just to the right of the speedometer pickup. I used some bluing to keep checking the wear spot and after a handful of installing and removing the cover to check the clearance the binding is gone and now turns freely.

Can't thank you guy's enough, pointing me in the right direction is all it took.

thanks again

jr

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X