Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would stay with the Conti's

Comment

super prices

i'm running dunlop q 2 tires and for any katrider members i can hook you up with a guy who will beat anyprice on a set of tires from anybody he's located in jessup ga and will ship them but cant discount on the shipping but can on the tires. i got my front and back tire for 198.00 shipped to the door.

Comment

shinko 005
        2004 katana 750

Comment

I think in the end Im gonna go with the Conti Motion Sport Touring. Over the summer if I want to upgrade I will, but with everything else I need to buy, cant afford the road attacks
          Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

go with the road attacks. I got just over 7000 miles on them (primarily city with occasional "spirited" riding) and they were excellent. Excellent grip and fairly quick to warm up. If you want to expand your horizon, look at the michelin pilot power 2ct or road 2's. They are absolutely amazing...if they fit your budget.
            "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

I have a 1250 Bandit that came with Dunlap Sportmax bites and although they stuck good the chords on the rear were showing at -5000 miles. I now have Contimotions and I have never had a problem and at 3000 miles they still have alot of life left in them.

Comment

There are two things to never go cheap on on a bike. Tires and Brakes.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Next paycheck im buying my tires, just got all my bolts ordered
                  Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

Why not Michelin Pilot Powers?

Comment

Alright, just make sure this looks right:

Front tire - 120/70 ZR17
                      Rear tire - 150/70 ZR17

I just want stock, and this is what the owners manual says

Would a 160/60ZR-17 work on a post?
                      Last edited by Fault; 03-15-2011, 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ive actually had 170/60ZR-17 shinko 009 on mine and it was good. so my guess a 160 better fit hehe... and about front ... thats the size that i had
                        Vlad The Russian

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
                          ive actually had 170/60ZR-17 shinko 009 on mine and it was good. so my guess a 160 better fit hehe... and about front ... thats the size that i had
                          Are you sure I wont have any porblems? Im a new rider here, and I know the posts have wider rear frames, but I dont want to risk anything

heres the tire
                          Last edited by Fault; 03-15-2011, 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                            I ran the Shinko 005's for a while, no complaints. Great tire for the money. I run Michelin Pilot Powers now, and probably won't go back to anything else. I've never run Continentals on a bike, but their passenger car tires suck.

I agree Michelin Pilot Power is the way to goand not much of a difference in price from the 2 styles you are comparing.

Originally posted by Fault View Post
                            Alright, just make sure this looks right:

Front tire - 120/70 ZR17
                            Rear tire - 150/70 ZR17

I just want stock, and this is what the owners manual says

Would a 160/60ZR-17 work on a post?
                            160/60 is the Post Kat stock size if i'm not mistaken.
                            Last edited by chamrck09; 03-15-2011, 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by chamrck09 View Post

I agree Michelin Pilot Power is the way to goand not much of a difference in price from the 2 styles you are comparing.

160/60 is the Post Kat stock size if i'm not mistaken.
                              According to owners manual, its a 150/70 (which is pretty hard to find tires for)

Comment

Originally posted by Fault View Post
                                According to owners manual, its a 150/70 (which is pretty hard to find tires for)

You will not have any problems with either a 160/60 or a 170/60. I wouldnt try to go any higher than that, and yes, 120/70 on the front is good. Stock rear is 150/70, stock front 120/70.
                                ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                                チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                                Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                                X