Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

2005 kat front turn signal alternatives???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 kat front turn signal alternatives???

Has anyone seen any alternatives to the front turn signals on the 98-06 kats? I really don't like the big bulgey turn signals and wanted to see if anyone has removed them and maybe covered over them or found some flush mount or more rounded ones??

I think some one sprayed a set with spray window tint
    I think the ones for my 04 are originally clear lenses ,coloured bulbs

my bad , they are orange

here you go
    KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

white/clear on silver
    Last edited by rexazz2; 03-01-2011, 08:37 PM.
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Ya I may just have to get some clear ones because the big orange ones bug me and I definately want some turn signal mirrors

I cant believe that no one has experimented more with having smaller front turn signals

Comment

im looking at clear for my silver Kat.But will try the black spray first .I saw another kat with the black spray and it looked cool .Black and silver looks good as well as clear in my humble opinion.
        I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Gee I think you guys are right about the black and silver. Maybe some smoked ones then. I can't wait till someone experiments on changing them out completely though

Comment

I have Clear Alternatives Smoked Clear on my 2001, pics in my garage.

the problem with swapping out the turn signals is the stock ones have very large recesses in the fairings to fit into, so once they are removed, you have to fill those and smooth over the holes, etc to get rid of them and start over.

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

If you want to get rid of those orange turn signals, let me know, Im in desperate need for some turn signals
              Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

I covered my original turn signal base with gutter mesh and painted them black. Took a little redneck ingenuity (kitchen knife, an orbital sander, and pair of needle nose pliers), but I think it looks pretty good. Have received some compliments on it from other riders.
                I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newbouldg View Post
                  I covered my original turn signal base with gutter mesh and painted them black. Took a little redneck ingenuity (kitchen knife, an orbital sander, and pair of needle nose pliers), but I think it looks pretty good. Have received some compliments on it from other riders.
                  Can you post some pictures of this? You got me all curious

Comment

I am intrigued with this painted mesh jobby....
                    One of my turn signal lenses was smashed on a 2km/hr drop as I tried to put my feet down while stopping to turn right. Not realizing there was a recessed sewer grate there, I went down with the bike. Lesson learned.

So Im assuming those after market lenses probably won't fit on my stock turn signal assembly if they don't even fit the fairing properly? I didnt really want to switch the whole thing out at the moment and was hoping to just snap the lenses onto my stock assembly until I feel more adventurous about modifying it lol

Comment

the 06 clear lense should be the same other than the colour if thats what your asking
                      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by 0241135 View Post
                        I am intrigued with this painted mesh jobby....
                        One of my turn signal lenses was smashed on a 2km/hr drop as I tried to put my feet down while stopping to turn right. Not realizing there was a recessed sewer grate there, I went down with the bike. Lesson learned.

So Im assuming those after market lenses probably won't fit on my stock turn signal assembly if they don't even fit the fairing properly? I didnt really want to switch the whole thing out at the moment and was hoping to just snap the lenses onto my stock assembly until I feel more adventurous about modifying it lol

aftermarket units by "Clear Alternatives" come as a drop in unit. simple replacement.

I've never seen just "lenses" for stock front 98-06 turns, only full replacement units.

the 06 factory clear front turns also drop in.

they sell replacement lenses for the rear turns.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                          aftermarket units by "Clear Alternatives" come as a drop in unit. simple replacement.

I've never seen just "lenses" for stock front 98-06 turns, only full replacement units.

the 06 factory clear front turns also drop in.

they sell replacement lenses for the rear turns.
                          Well I can buy just the lens from suzuki for my 05 but they are $40 each for just a lens.

Comment

thats odd, no fiche I've ever seen shows just "lenses" for sale... just full lamp units

Comment

I had to "bake" my signals to remove the lenses due to the caulk that holds the lens in place. This is probably the reason you cannot find just the lenses. I had one lens that was cracked due to PO dropping the bike. I was gonna try to use the lens as a mold, but when I started to try and remove it I mangled it pretty good. This is why I chose to mod it with the flattened mesh. I will take some pics tomorrow. I am currently in the process of painting my fairing for my trip to Daytona bike week so they are not installed right now. I will take pics both on and off the fairing so everyone can see my handy work. Until then.................
                              I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X