No announcement yet.
X

Gear Indicator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been researching the GS puck angle, too. I had a couple of them (first bike was a 1980 GS450L) and the gear indicator was a series of light bulbs behind a film with numbers. Seems like a good number of the GS bikes had that same part so I'm thinking e-bay's a good source. That way I'm not out much if it turns out not to fit.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I've contacted a few ebay sellers to see if they can measure the neutral switch size. I'll post here if I find alternatives to the GS1100/1150.

My third bike was a 81 gs450e or was it a gs400e?? ... But anyway it too had the analogue bulbs for all six gears.
      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

I have an 81 GS 450 in my garage in pieces. If I remember Ill pull the switch out and measure the it.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by bob393 View Post
          Are you saying the sensor off an 1986 gs (engine size?) will fit a 1994 750 pre? That would sure save a bunch of time!
          I'm saying it will fit a post 600/ 750, so unless the pre and post are different then it should fit.
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I think there may be a difference between the larger displacement and smaller displacement gs engines from the eighties so I'd be careful when buying a neutral switch from just "any" gs.
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Okay, I can't comment on the GS puck, as I don't know. However, I did give the schematic for the one posted up with the two chips instead of three to the engineer here at work. That one is a much better design, but the engineer still had issues with it. He said it would work, but he'd tweak it for me to make it "reliable". He's also adding in stuff to make it dimmable to adjust the brightness. I'll have that updated schematic in a day or two, as I'm travelling for work the next day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by ygolohcysp View Post
                Okay, I can't comment on the GS puck, as I don't know. However, I did give the schematic for the one posted up with the two chips instead of three to the engineer here at work. That one is a much better design, but the engineer still had issues with it. He said it would work, but he'd tweak it for me to make it "reliable". He's also adding in stuff to make it dimmable to adjust the brightness. I'll have that updated schematic in a day or two, as I'm travelling for work the next day or two.

Ive started collecting parts for this Mod. Ide love to see the updated schematic your engineer comes up with to make it more relyable. I was also adding a variable resistor to dim it.

Comment

Originally posted by ygolohcysp View Post
                  Ohhhh, dimmable with a light sensor would be awesome !!
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Okay, I'm still working on getting the engineer to finish with his modifications to the design.

On another topic, one of the threads about modifying the sensor puck said that there were issues with leaking oil after using the superglue. I've been doing some searching and reading about other glues to use. I think I'm going to modify my sensor, and use this glue to hold the brass contacts in place:

http://www.eclecticproducts.com/sealall.htm

I will then do the silicone RTV on the back side. I think it will hold and not leak oil, but this is just hypothesis until I try.

Will update again when the engineer gets done.

Comment

From the website, I'd guess that a couple layers of that stuff or some JB-Weld on the outside would seal things up pretty well. No need for the silicone. (I'd still use the superglue, though. It's thin enough to get in there and hold the contacts in place.)

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

When and if I do the mod, I'll just buy the suzuki part and then I don't have to sweet any leakage there.
                        1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Have you been able to figure out for sure which part# you need?

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Suzuki part # 37720-24A01 will bolt right on. The electronics are the tricky part.

It is very easy to setup analog lights but I'll be installing a 7-segment LED if I do it.
                            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Exactly what I'd want to do. I had plans to do this mod on my 750 before I stumbled onto the 1100. Wouldn't mind doing it to the 1100, though if I can find out which sensor to use.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

From what I have been looking at the 1100 should be the same number. I will have to double check the block again but it should work.
                                My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
                                Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Working...
                                X