X

Gear Indicator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it is sorry about that.

I'd love to see a nixie tube version but I don't think a nixie would hold up well to all the vibration.
    2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

• Sort of a bump.

I have one GPI unit left to sell, once it's gone I'm considering a second build. Some people showed interest in a unit with a blue display.

Is there enough interest in units with blue or red displays to do another run of 10 units?
      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
        Sort of a bump.

I have one GPI unit left to sell, once it's gone I'm considering a second build. Some people showed interest in a unit with a blue display.

Is there enough interest in units with blue or red displays to do another run of 10 units?

How much?

Comment

• I installed one and love it. One of my favorite additions.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
            I installed one and love it. One of my favorite additions.
            I am definately interested, though blue would be awesome too. But my only question is, are they obnoxiously bright at night? They look bright in the pics.

BTW Cheriff, nice looking bike, I like the crap ton of mods you have done. Where did you get the HID's from?? Angel eyes by chance? 35w, 55w?

I was looking at doing an underglow kit to stand out more at night, but realized that the HID's REALLY make a bike stand out. Snow Birds out to murder everyone on a bike down here.

oops, hijacked the thread a bit.

Back on topic, I really would love to have a gear indicator.

Comment

• It isn't too bright at night. And if I was more motivated I would swap in a blue one, but its done and it works... Don't need to go there again.

(HID's are 35w morimotos with dual ccfl rings - projectors, bezels, ccfl rings purchased from ebay, xenon kit purchased separately)

I use it mostly on the highway to keep me from looking for 7th.. Or in my case 6th since I switched back to a 5 speed with the motor swap. I am good with seeing the speed and RPM and knowing what gear I am, but it does feel pretty cool to see it shining in the dash of the Kat. Happy I did it.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthomX View Post
                How much?
                The complete kit including the new GS sensor switch is $161.35. That also includes custom mounting in pre light pods.

Originally posted by AnthomX View Post
                But my only question is, are they obnoxiously bright at night?
                I don't happen to have any nite time images of my gpi, maybe Cheriff can snap a pic for us. I don't remember it being super bright, I had some tint over the display so you couldn't see the raw display and it also brought the brightness down a bit, in direct bright sunlight it is a bit hard to see.
                http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• I'll snap a pic. It will be hard to capture the real brightness, but maybe it can be compared to the oil light or high beam light...
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

I'll snap a pic. It will be hard to capture the real brightness, but maybe it can be compared to the oil light or high beam light...
                    Don't stress on it, I got my answer last night, just forgot to revisit the thread. Stalked you a little bit looking through your mods, and realized I could view your photobucket. You put a butt ton of money into your bike O_O

Shows though. I am working on doing an HID upgrade, looking at ebay, but not so sure yet.

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
                    The complete kit including the new GS sensor switch is $161.35. That also includes custom mounting in pre light pods.
                    Hmm...I am going to pass for now, didn't expect it to be that high. Makes me realize that it must encompass a lot more than I realized to build them. If you decide to run blue, I might be persuaded. But I would really like to get my HID's done.

Comment

• My theory is spend the money on the item that is more likely to not be there later. Hid's will be there. Gear indicator all set up in a 'buy and install package' maybe not. My $.02

My $ amount will remain a secret it was about a passion and completing a vision..

Oh.. And I feel a little stalked :/
                      Last edited by Cheriff; 02-07-2014, 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

Oh.. And I feel a little stalked :/
                        Ego boost?

Anyways, I have to agree. When I see a deal on something I want, I snag it. That's how I ended up with a suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper comfy Corbin and a racetech rebuilt 750 shock for my 600, even though I was saving up for bar risers. The risers (and the multitude of options of how to go about achieving raised bars) would be there in another month or 6. The smokin' deal on other items I also had my eye on that happened to be lower on the priority list...not so much. If I find a deal on something I want anyways, I'll pull the trigger even it it's not my priority #1. In the long run, you come out ahead.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                          Ego boost?

I was just joking, but yea it feels good to hear comments about your hard work. But really that was realization for me that I should pay attention to what other photos I might put up there that I may not want public.

And back on topic.. I say you already have headlights.

I may somewhat be a spokesperson for stuff GSXFJim offers, but that's only because I have quite a bit from him on my bike and its all been great. So slightly unbiased but true advice.
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

• Badfaerie and I both have a GPI from Jim. Works awesome, and super simple install. We had ours custom mounted into the dash lights for the bike models, so it will even look OEM.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X