X

Which grips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which grips?

Which grips do you guys recommend for my 96 and wheres the best place to order them from? My local shop doesn't have a good selection and closest one is a good haul from here. Thanks.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

Stay off ebay.. I'll say that.

I guess I got lucky. My local has nice ones.

Comment

I got great Gel grips from ebay last year and love them, byt dont ask me who they are made by.

Comment

Any place online that anybody has a good selection and prices? Thanks.
        96 Katana 600
        97 4 door Blazer LT
        03 Honda Pilot EXL
        sigpic

Comment

Have you tried cyclegear or motorcycle superstore?

Comment

I will now, lol. Thanks!
            96 Katana 600
            97 4 door Blazer LT
            03 Honda Pilot EXL
            sigpic

Comment

i got some "pro something or othere" gell grips from Cycle Gear for my KLR... very nice and only about $7. some ebay sellers will eat you up on shipping, and grips are something you should feel before you buy, unless you've already bought that brand and model before. kinda like gloves or shoes.

the Kat is still wearing the factory grips, but will probably get another pair of gell grips from Cycle Gear.
              KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

I was wondering which grips are the most comfortable, because the stock grips made my hands go numb after about an hour, so I bought some thick foam grips and it made it a little better, but they still go numb. Any recommendations on what I should try? I have a 96 Kat 600.

Comment

Make sure you measure the length of them before you go out buying some...I found the Harris ones...which are really cool and they are clear rubber stuff...were a bit short so you have a gap between the bar end and the end of the grip...other than that I really liked them...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

My bike came with Pro Grip 719s but there purple and the gel has to turned really sticky, lol.
                    I like 719s so I'll probably just go with those again unless you guys know of a better grip?
                    96 Katana 600
                    97 4 door Blazer LT
                    03 Honda Pilot EXL
                    sigpic

Comment

I just got new grips from Progrip. I'm gonna go put them on shortly. They were cheap enough from a local show. $10.99
                      Me
                      http://www.myspace.com/alllostthings

Comment

I got Harris Grips and Love them. They have ones that just say Harris Grips on them but I got the one that says GSXR coz that all they had at that time and i didnt want to wait (I installed them with the Harris on top and GSXR under-facing the ground)
                        PAUL
                        93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I bought ProGrip gel grips for $10-$12 from what I remember. I put them on a matter of minutes and used grip glue to secure them. I like them and were a great mod for the money.

Comment

I've got some here for you, if you want 'em. Cheap, too. Bought 'em, tried 'em one day, went back to stock.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

when i got my '89 Kt, i work out the factory grips in about six months. at that time i switched to the O'Neal "Laser" grips, which had the same tread pattern as the Metzler Laser front tire... which was kinda cool.

i've got one MTB with Oury grips on it... i don't know if they still make 'em, or if they make 'em for motorcycles, but those are nice comfy grips, and not as soft as the gel grips.

Odo "mushroom" grips were kinda nice... again, don't know if they are still available or made for motorcycles.

never liked the foam grips like Grab-On. they break down easily in the sun and make a mess.

don't like colored grips because they get dirty and look trashy in a short time. black or gray works well IMHO.
                              KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X