• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Helmet do you rock? & why

Icon Airmada
    (Chain Brain Graphic
    )

I like the shape of this helmet long oval if you have the right head type it fits like a glove and you can buy different padding sizes for a perfect fit, its race fit so its a little tight getting on and off but its good for keeping air out. If you have a round head its probably not going to fit you so well. The shield is anti fog and it really never fogs and it also locks and stays up when opened. Its aerodynamic and doesn't jerk on head turns. it has a good amount of vents with feel able airflow and they open and close easily and stay open or closed. As for noise its not the quietest helmet but not the loudest its tolerable. its a $200 range helmet with the features of a $500 helmet. As for the graphic im a huge Jason/horror movie fan and the blood and gore's just awesome also these helmet graphics from icon look alot better in person not cheap looking at all. The Glow in the dark feature is just a plus and if its charge from light or sun light its quite noticeable at night and pretty darn cool!
    Attached Files

I have four different brands, the HJC is my go to, it fits the best and has a built in tinted shade that flips into the helmet. I like my sheoi but, it gives me a head ache after a while. The others are just a collection just incase.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I use a Scorpion EXO500 because I personally crash tested my previous one and it did an awesome job.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I have a seven zero seven helmet because it's the best I could afford at the time, going to buy a shoei or arai in the near future since I'm not as hard up cash wise these days

Comment

Also using a Scorpion EXO500

Not crashed test one but good to hear they do the job

I choose the Exo5 over the AGV and shark neither felt right

But we all have different shaped heads so whats right for me may not be right for you
          And also wear it in shop for at least 15mins to get a good feel if the shop don´t let you do this walk away

Comment

I also had a Bilt Fusion, for $50 bucks its not a bad helmet it was on sale though i wouldn't pay $100 for it. Its pretty heavy and feels like a brick on your head it doesn't look to bad though just all the shells are the same size and i wear a small so kinda made me look like a bobble head. That's also what i like about the Icon Armada it has like 4 different shell sizes looks alot smaller on my head. The Bilt is also pretty dang loud but if your broke and need a temporary helmet like I did its not too bad. It started to get kinda loose on my head at first it was super tight so idk if its the material or what.
            Last edited by Sno3man; 10-24-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

My helmet is a KBC Airborn Edition. I've had it for a while and I need to get a new one. But I may just wait until I get a new Bike, the last road trip really showed the Kats's limitations. Time for an upgrade.
              Attached Files

Comment

I use the AVG Horizon http://www.agv.com/ca/agv/SPORT%20TO...RACER%20%20RED fits great, very comfortable on long hauls
                Last edited by dano68; 11-21-2014, 03:53 PM.
                2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Shoei x11. Bought it because if I go down I want my mellon to survive intact. It's fairly lightweight, has lots of ventilation, and is comfy to my heads shape. Costs a ton, and there's lots of wind noise even with the vents all closed. It's been 6 years and 70k miles, so about time for a new one though, I'm going to stick with Shoei.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Caberg Duke.

It's modular and was one of only 2 ( at the time of purchase) that passed the UK sharp tests with a 5 star rating.

The fit was also very good.
                    Last edited by default; 11-16-2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Arai RX-Q - seems to fit my head shape well. Had other Arai's and they were all day comfortable. I always buy something in the $500-700 range with good protection. I'll never wear a cheap helmet or open face one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Icon Airframe 'Manic' and Scorpion EXO400. Both all day comfortable, with the Icon having the advantage of better airflow.

1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I try to find the lightest full face helmet that fits my head, usually the Arai RX7 or older OGK FF3 or FF4 helmets..

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
                            I use a Scorpion EXO500 because I personally crash tested my previous one and it did an awesome job.
                            I'm on my original Scorpion EXO 400 and still love it.
                            Roops Photography|facebook|
                            03 GSXR 1000
                            04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                            Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Scorpion Exo-1100. Why? Because I like the colors, the inner pop down shade is nice, and it fit!

Comment

Working...
                              X