X

Need help, exhaust put punctured oil pan 5 time, need new exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help, exhaust put punctured oil pan 5 time, need new exhaust

I have a 1991 750 Kat I love, it has an older VNH system on it but the Collector is right under the oil pan, hit wrong bump the right way and it shoves the collector into the oil pan. I have had the hardest time trying to find a header or full system for the bike with no luck at all. I've got good money in suspention, engine and other upgrades but I could really use a bit of help finding an exhaust. I always wondered if a gsxr system would bolt on, or a gsxr system for an 89 gsxr, the manual states that in 90&91 the put 89' gsxr motors in the Kats. I don't know, please help, I love my Kate and don't want to get rid of it over an exhaust problem. I just bought my wife a ninja 250 to teach her, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks guys

Fix your suspension

no way is it going to hit the road over a bump unless your riding over curbs.
    Had the V&H on the 89 and it scraped a few times coming down from a wheelie or after being airborn. But its fine on bumps and even speed bumps in parking lots
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

It's probably lowered....

That said... a post oil pan and pickup, with post headers + any post slip on option that has an adjustable can bracket = most likely fix your issues.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yes, this exhaust WILL HIT THE STREET

The collector is the lowest point on the bike and it's below the oil pan. I was going over the gas station and went over the round thing they fill the big tanks with and at 3-5 mph was enough to hit it just right and the collector tapped the oil pan. I was wondering if anyone had tried running that SS2-r that's a 4-2-1 system. Or if not, what's a better exhaust than the 4-1 yosh I have?? I've replaced the springs in the front forks with some that are twice as stuff as what came in it, when I rebuilt them, I put the race tech springs it the front forks, I promise, it's more than rider error. Does anyone know of a good system for a 1991 750 Kat that is either 4-2-1, or the collector isn't under the the oil pan? I'd sure love to ride again, the exhaust is beat up anyway, it's needed to be replaced, now I have the money, and will need to put another pan on it, it's a good time to change the header too. Any help with exhaust would be greatly apprieciated.
        Thanks guys

If there's an adjustment I did know about it, thanks man, I'll have to find it but I am wanting to put a 4-2-1 system on it, theres on for a 600 Kat, I know the exhaust port are the same, I'm pretty sure, I wonder what other bikes exhaust will fit the 750 Kat ?

Its just been on it for 15 years and I'm dieing to try a 4-2-1 system or another system on it, and yes, my suspension is great, rebuilt it using race tech springs not long ago, handles great, just need new exhaust for 91 750 kat
        Last edited by bta2997; 07-29-2012, 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If your collector hits the ground under any circumstance something is wrong.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

See my prior post....

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The bike just rolled 27,000 miles

I wanted to say the bike has 27,000 miles on it, a stage 3 jet kit in it, HEI coil packs, porting and polished the head, mostly on intake side, exhaust is huge from Suzuki, some polishing on the exhaust was all that was needed, and a K&N filers, 2 , 1 covers 2 carbs. Other than that & the suspension upgrades, it's stock, kinda. Built to hang curves and accelerate, does both great
              http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...st-System.aspx I have read there are two different oil pans for kat's, I think it was -98 and 98+ are different, I wonder if one has a tighter fit and allows more room for a collector? Would it fit on my 91? I would love to put this system on my 1991 750 Kat ,

It's a 4-2-1 system V&H makes for a 600 Kat, a gsxr 1000, and a 1100 Kat. In the reviews a guy put it on a ZX7 and loves it, I know a 750 Kat header will fit on a 600 Kat, this is what's on it now but an older version,

The one on my bike isn't black, I guess it's stainless. If yang runs a 4-2-1 system that's 500$ or less, I don't have 2800$ for the really good ones, but any recommendations are welcome and very appriceated.
              Thanks guys

Thanks for sharing the knowledge with me about the adjustment, unfortunatly, the colector has a hole in it, so needs to be replaced anyhow. Been riding to with small dents for years, I FINNALY have a little money to throw at an exhaust, I'd love to put one on you guys have run or run now, and have good luck with it, I wish I had known about that adjustment a few years ago, lol thanks again, let me know if what you think exhaust I should run
              Thanks
              Last edited by bta2997; 07-29-2012, 09:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
              X