Pics of Summer Changes...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Summer Changes...

Hey Everyone,

I have been on this site for some time getting ideas of how I wanted to make my Katana a little more "my own". Here are a couple of before and after pics that I thought I would share since I got a lot of ideas from this site. The only other thing I have added since these pictures is the license plate rear turn signals which look A LOT better then those big ugly ambers.

The Mods:
    Removed decals and painted lower fairing black
    Removed rear fender and installed license plate turn signals
    Clear Alternative smoked front turn signals
    Carbon Yosh Pipe

I plan on changing out my windscreen to something that looks more aggressive, adding some carbon frame sliders and doing a mesh mod with black mesh. I am open for any other suggestions. Thanks for all your help!
    Attached Files

wow. no suggestions or comments? apparently I didn't do enough.

Comment

Actually it looks great! Nice work. I think everyone must be working this morning???

Comment

It looks good to me and the mods that you thinking of doing will improve on what you already got.
        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
        sigpic

Comment

+1

Looks really nice.
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

looks good. How about a tail swap to the 03+ tail/taillight?
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I like it!, dark-smoked ZeroG windscreen would bring it together nicely, especially with the dark mesh mod.

Now, lets talk about some performance mods...
              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Personally I'm not into the no decal look. But does look nice. I'd have to agree with getting a black smoked windscreen, I think the colored ones look tacky (mine was blue when I got the bike) I think the rear light would be cool in LED.(not sure if they make one for your year, but believe they do. wish they made one for my 96).

Comment

As far as the decals I was considering adding the GSXF in Chrome but I heard the raised ones are impossible to find.

I am definately going to do a windscreen and mesh mod this off season and am debating if i should go zero gravity or try to do the ninja windscreen mod.

I was considering the swap to the 03 tail but didn't know what kind of heavy mod I would be getting myself into.

Performance mods on a Katana? I have been reading the fourms and for the money, it seems like if I wanted to go fast I should just buy a gsxr. Are there many performance mods that are fairly inexpensive but can yield some decent gains?

Thanks for all of the input, it is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Bike is looking good!

Comment

Bike is looking great. Removing the decals made a big difference. Did you heat them and pull them off? Do they leave much glue behind? Enjoy your ride.

Comment

I actually just pulled them off and beleive it or not they did not leave any glue behind. I just had to use a rag and some cleaner to get rid of the outline. I was amazed at how easy it was to get them off. Still trying to decide if I want to put a GSXF decal on.

Comment

Thanks,I have to take my decals off to paint this winter, I just got my 2000 katana 600. It was dropped by the original owner this summer, scratched up quite a bit. Have you thought about the 03+ rear fairing and tail light mod? I just bought both and will switch them out during the paint/body job. I also like the clear front signal lenses. How much were they shipped to Canada? Thanks, lookin' good.

Comment

I have thought about the mod but don't know think I want to tackle that one. I bought my front turn signals through a local dealer here and it was about $85. Makes the bike look so much better now. The next mods on my list are the mesh mod and to change out for a tinted windscreen. Good luck with the new paint job and keep us posted with pics. What colour are you going?

Comment

I was thinking of painting it black, I had a black 99 600 katana. Not sure though. I'll let yu know how the tail swap goes. I think all i need now is a new tail light bracket. The 03+ is wider I think, unless I can modify the existing one. Probably gonna wait for winter to set in though, don't want to miss any of what's left of the riding season.

Comment

Working...
                              X