X

90' gsx750f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90' gsx750f

Hi all my names Alex I'm new to riding but im picking up fast, as of right now i need a new chain and front sprocket and while im at it im replacing my rear sprocket as well (everything in a set).

So i'm curious what are good sprockets to get, obviously this is my drive so i can't skimp and pinch pennies but should i get aftermarket sprockets? or OEM.

And what sorta chain(brand) should i get? whats the difference between an X and an O chain?

As of right now i ride my bike to work on nice days and around town, but i have been thinking of taking it on a road trip (1.5 hrs) down the jersey parkway.

Heres the stats (im pretty sure this is right)

Chain
    530 pitch
    118 link

Sprocket
    Front 15
    Rear 47

i really dont know to much about pitch setup ect. ect. im NOT concerned with the loss of TOP end, and on a katana i'm not concerned with "accidental" wheelies.

i don't stunt or trick or go over 85mph so...
    Last edited by Cagg; 08-15-2009, 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Welcome to KR! Get in touch with HS2020 and he can get you taken care of. Also, his website is: http://www.mopowersports.com/ Good luck, and make sure you get some pics up of your bike!
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR! HS2020 will take good care of you. In regard to the chain and sprockets, any reputable manufacturer: RK, Regina, Tsubaki are all good choices. The only difference between "X" and "O" chains are the rubber rings on each link, which are designed to keep lubrication in, and dirt out. The "X" and "O" are exactly what the cross section of the rings look like - each has it's proponents. Proper maintenance is key to longevity of any chain - depending upon usage, and environment. You can expect anywhere from 15,000 - 25,000 miles of service from a chain/sprocket set with prudent maintenance.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

hey all,
        thanks for the quick reply; thanks for the warm welcome; thanks for the advice, i'll PM HS2020 right now.

That's my baby
        bike1.jpg bike2.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X