X

New Guy !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy !

Wanting to say a hello From Barrie, Ontario. Just purchased a 1988 Kat for my first bike. So far loving it. Been riding dirt bikes throughout life so at 42 decided to hit the streets ! Look forward to being here !

Welcome to KR.
    I am 46 and just got back into street riding again after 15 years. Picked up my 600 last August. Sometimes I wish I had a bigger bike power wise but considering the legal side of street riding it is great! I love it more every time I ride it.
    I know it sounds sick but I suggest watching some crash videos on youtube. You will see a lot of accidents due to the speed of the bike compared to the traffic flow.
    Do not get complacent, especially in traffic. Try not to ride next to another vehicle except through intersections. Get yourself a caged buddy when you can for intersections. What I do as I am coming up to intersections is to pull just ahead of a cage in a lane next to me so they see me before the intersection and then slow up just enough to be next to them as we enter the intersection. Once through I accelerate into an opening ahead or back off to be in an opening behind them.
    Enjoy your ride!

Comment

Welcome to KR.
      Keith Paton
      Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
      13 GSXR750

Comment

Welcome!
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to kr hope you enjoy your bike what size bike did you get? I just got my first kat about month and abit ago. Mines in pieces as I rebuild parts of it. Take it easy all the cottagers coming through Barrie kinda crazy I know my 80 something parents go through there on the way to Elmvale so watch out for the tourists.
          Most of all post pictures.
          Cheers from Ajax

Comment

welcome aboard..
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome!!..

Comment

Working...
                X