X

Whatta you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
    As far as the Corvette analogy is concerned, my Corvette with its ugly luggage rack may still take your pretty Vette on a closed course. The rider/driver factor is likely a much bigger player than some mere add-on.

You misunderstand my point. Why buy an unadulterated race vehicle if it's not going to be ridden as-is in the way that it was designed to? Wrong tool for the wrong job if you're taking super slab trips.

I could put risers on my 636, add a corbin seat, some luggage and put ST type tires on it, and it would still have the same performance. I could put heated grips on and putt around town in the winter too. But it's a sad day that a wild dog is castrated and domesticated into a droning pet. It's not fair to the dog (bike).

Savvy?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I will say though that I don't want to hear your whining on the next 8-hour ride if we need to stop at Lowe's and make splints for your wrists
      No amount of riser is going to cure this problem either, IMHO. Seriously, I'm poo-pooing the idea IF that's what you really want. It's an awesome bike.

If possible, get on her and get an idea of what kind of riding position you'd have, say... two inches up and an inch or two back (about the most you could hope for). If you really want some "tour" in your bike (or even some comfort in two-up riding) and it's just not there, are you going to be happy after all the shine is off your new toy, ya know?

It's like dating a stripper... Sweet mother of pearl, she's gonna be a lot of fun; but this ain't no girl you're going to bring home to momma, is it?
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

lol- it's still up in the air anyhow. Haven't heard from the owner all day today. I still wish that ZX11 didn't have a grandpa-chic front end. It's still sitting there, and it's still cheap as all get out.

From the web reviews I've read the 955i that year is supposed to have a less lethal riding position. I realize it's not going to be a Kat though. The stupid Ninja ruined the Kat for me. Every time I twist the throttle I have flashbacks. 'Still like the Kat on the twisties back in Scotch Valley though. 'Matter of fact- I'm heading out there this evening.

-Doh, missed two posts typing that. Yeah, if he green lights the deal then we're going to meet next weekend. We'll ride the bikes and see what's what. I'm not making any sight unseen deals permanent.
        Last edited by Free Coffee; 09-09-2009, 03:37 PM.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          I could put risers on my 636, add a corbin seat, some luggage and put ST type tires on it, and it would still have the same performance. I could put heated grips on and putt around town in the winter too. But it's a sad day that a wild dog is castrated and domesticated into a droning pet. It's not fair to the dog (bike).

Savvy?
          Exactly, why not buy the Triumph Sprint 955 ST in the first place and be done with it.

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
          lol- it's still up in the air anyhow. Haven't heard from the owner all day today. I still wish that ZX11 didn't have a grandpa-chic front end. It's still sitting there, and it's still cheap as all get out.

From the web reviews I've read the 955i that year is supposed to have a less lethal riding position. I realize it's not going to be a Kat though. The stupid Ninja ruined the Kat for me. Every time I twist the throttle I have flashbacks. 'Still like the Kat on the twisties back in Scotch Valley though. 'Matter of fact- I'm heading out there this evening.
          Great golf course... still there??

Okay, I'ma say this about the ZX11... When you're riding it, how often are you going to see that grandpa-chic front end anyways??
          Last edited by VifferJim; 09-09-2009, 03:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by VifferJim View Post
            Great golf course... still there??

Okay, I'ma say this about the ZX11... When you're riding it, how often are you going to see that grandpa-chic front end anyways??
            Yes- golf course is there. I spend a great deal of time cursing the Lexus SUVs as they meander down the twisties at 15mph.

Will never see the front end from the saddle. But aesthetics plays a role, albeit small in that decision.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
            -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
              Yes- golf course is there. I spend a great deal of time cursing the Lexus SUVs as they meander down the twisties at 15mph.

Will never see the front end from the saddle. But aesthetics plays a role, albeit small in that decision.
              Played that a lot when I lived out there. Great memory of playing a round with my father. Man, it was windy as hells, though.

Comment

You misunderstand my point. Why buy an unadulterated race vehicle if it's not going to be ridden as-is in the way that it was designed to? Wrong tool for the wrong job if you're taking super slab trips.

Savvy?

I do understand the point you are making, but I guess I am just starting to get old. If I can get the same performance and still have a fast look and be more comfortable, well then sign me up.

On one hand I understand that buying a Ferrari and putting a bigger steering wheel or Town Car seat it in would be heresy, but on the other hand if moving the pedals closer or further away gave me a more comfortable driving position - well, then why not. I think we beat the Kangaroo on that one

FC: I say don't get it if you think you will be too uncomfortable. When I ride two up with Sam there is no question that more weight is put on my hands. Yes I try to squeeze the tank blah blah blah, but between braking and feeling like I need to sit a little further back so she doesn't slide around as much it certainly makes the ride a little more uncomfortable -even on the Kat.

How is that 5th gen Viffer, Jim? Especially for 2-up.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

I think we beat the Kangaroo on that one
                  Fair enough. I haven't ridden a comfortable bike in a while, so my 21 year old body isn't quite begging to have it back yet.

And yes, beat the Kangaroo, their leather is much softer.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Fair enough. I haven't ridden a comfortable bike in a while, so my 21 year old body isn't quite begging to have it back yet.

And yes, beat the Kangaroo, their leather is much softer.
                    I am actually only 28 and a lot more stuff hurts than it did at 21. I know it is only going to get worse too. I think this is the downside of starting sports at age 4 (soccer). Even today I still hang with the college kids on campus playing full court basketball at the IM building. I can still kick their tanned Abercrombie & Fitch asses on most days but know that is coming to an end. Time to just start shooting better soon . I think God only gives you so much squishy stuff in the joints and how long it lasts is up to you Ok, my sad little rant is over.
                    -2000 "750"

Comment

I am actually only 28 and a lot more stuff hurts than it did at 21. I know it is only going to get worse too. I think this is the downside of starting sports at age 4 (soccer). Even today I still hang with the college kids on campus playing full court basketball at the IM building. I can still kick their tanned Abercrombie & Fitch asses on most days but know that is coming to an end. Time to just start shooting better soon . I think God only gives you so much squishy stuff in the joints and how long it lasts is up to you Ok, my sad little rant is over.
                      Amen Bro,
                      Young at heart, old at joints! Do the dee till the deed does you!
                      Joker
                      The newest addition to the Family!
                      sigpic
                      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I think this is the downside of starting sports at age 4 (soccer).

I started at 4 and played till I got to college. How do those ankles feel? I know mine act up everytime it gets colder. God that pain is ridiculous...

Comment

no doubt, Doc said it couldnt be done! Well..... F Doc!
                          Joker
                          The newest addition to the Family!
                          sigpic
                          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Definitely not talking about Coffee's bike anymore, heehee, but,,, I can crack every joint now. Every one. Toes, ankles, knees, hips (yes hips-both sides), back neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists and fingers. I am up to one ankle brace (on the left side) and refuse to put it on the right one until after the first right ankle ER visit. As long as I am able to show up to the gym on my own power I am going to keep doing it. All this reminds me that my flag football season starts next sunday and I was going to start a thread on that subject.

What did the most damage to me was track. Ran track from 6th grade to 12th. Advil is great
                            -2000 "750"

Comment

I haven't done any real 2-up riding on the VFR yet. But, since the riding position isn't too different from the Kat (center of gravity feels a bit higher), I'd say I'm a set of risers and a 929 shock away from optimum set up for touring w/ a passenger.

Comment

There ya go Brett. Go find one of those if you want some more get up and go
                                -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                                X