• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moding the GSX650F

Nothing major just yet.
    Been Lowered in the rear 2.5 thanx to Ne-oublie
    Front dropped .750
    Seat was Lowered, narrowed in the front and super atomic foam added with blue trim.
    After the front was lowered we had to take .500 off the kickstand to make it sit right so it wouldn't fall over.
    I have some flush mount front turns that I'll be working on fitting and hope to get theundertail soon.
    Oh and lets not forget the blue grips.
    Something is going to have to be done with those alien antenna mirrors too WOW

Looks great. Your bike makes me want one
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

making it look good. nice pipe too!
      myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Like what you've done. mine is standard black/grey -- no mods
        2 wheels or walk!

Comment

Nice start on a nice bike. Enjoy!
          Blk Kat06 RIP Replaced with GSXR750k7
          Blue/Blue 2008 Busa

Comment

I like the colors of the bike
            sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

excellent bike.i was checking it out in the shop last week. its a pretty big change from the katana . what does the " F " stand for anyway?

Comment

Fat....

no its for Faired I believe... If you consider the gsx650(Bandit here in the states) as being naked or standard, then the 650f means its a bandit with full plastics....

Kawasaki does it too... Both are the same underneath...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

nice bike, I just relized for the first time how much it looks like the GS500F
                  sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

That looks very nice the way you have it there.
                    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                    www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by giftedwon View Post
                      excellent bike.i was checking it out in the shop last week. its a pretty big change from the katana . what does the " F " stand for anyway?
                      There is two anwsers IDK which is right through

1)
                      GS - Gran Sport, used to indicate a road going Suzuki standard motorcycle, the only model that still uses this designation in the Suzuki line up is the GS500.
                      XR - eXperimental Racing. Designation added to GS for Suzukis road legal race replica motorcycles thereby creating GSXR.
                      There are additional suffixes added to the GS "road going" moniker such as GSX (just Gran Sport eXperimental) for the Katana motorcycles or GSF (the F stands for something in Japanese that I can't remember but generally indicates a sporting but not race replica trim) for the Bandit motorcycles. To be noted, the Hayabusa is technically not a GSXR but some hybrid between the that and the Katana given it's model moniker GSX1300R. Also to be noted, Suzuki's non-road legal race bikes are coded as XR for just eXperimental Racing.

2)
                      The 'GS' portion is a designation for Suzuki street bikes, going back a long ways. the 'X' means dual overhead camshafts, and the 'R' denotes racing.

No anwser for the GSXF on google.
                      sigpic
                      Update Jul 11 2014
                      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

I think my biggest objection to the GSX650 is the upper faring around the windscreen. But then again I guess anybody who knows me knows I'm picky about windscreens. I know its more geared at sport-touring (much the same as the late model Katanas) but it looks like it has a big forehead. I think my first move would be to figure out how to graft a 2004 GSXR upper onto it. Same headlight, same shape, different windscreen. In my mind that'd be the single biggest improvement to this bike.

Just my overall opinion though. Your mods look great!
                        If it ain't zip tied, it ain't modified.

sigpic

Comment

I like it, got a sound clip with what it sounds like with the two bros?

Comment

looks good, nice bike
                            [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

A friend of mine has that exact bike!

Where did you get the flush mounts, cause i can't find them anywhere!!!
                              Last edited by GarethD; 08-28-2009, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X