X

question about paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about paint

Hello all, I had my kat stolen and returned wrecked but I was able to repair and repaint, I used the suzuki factory vigor blue and a chemical resistant clear. My question is: how much time is needed for the paint/clear coat to cure before I can apply a wax for protection. I live in florida and it is about 93 degrees and 70% humidity is it makes a difference. Thanks

Originally posted by Katpilot36 View Post
    Hello all, I had my kat stolen and returned wrecked but I was able to repair and repaint, I used the suzuki factory vigor blue and a chemical resistant clear. My question is: how much time is needed for the paint/clear coat to cure before I can apply a wax for protection. I live in florida and it is about 93 degrees and 70% humidity is it makes a difference. Thanks
    I was told 30 days by a pro I trust. I have no idea if humidity makes a difference though. It's definitely cooler in San Diego and less humid.
    Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

30 - 90 days. It wouldn't hurt anything by waiting 3 months.

Comment

Usually about a month ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

30 days and don't be afraid to let it get rained on.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

at least a month....it can get rained on, but dry it off with a towel before the rain dries, water spots can stain new paint (acid rain)

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Yea the rain is what I was concerned with, also the love bugs. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Love bugs will stain CURED paint, I would definitely clean those off asap!
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                X