X

Ebay plastics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay plastics

Does anyone know if those post body kits on ebay are worth the money??
    Thanks for your help.

There is at least 1 thread I know that someone got the full kit, and it fit very well and worked great.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

shipping is a real kick in the a55
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
        and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

here is another thread

and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I'm just finishing up mine. I have an 02 and wanted to swap the tail for an 03+... then I found these fairings online. I went with Black (almost identical to an 06 Kat).

Few things to consider:
            1. I changed from Yellow to Black. I bought a Black tank from an 06. Color matches perfectly.
            2. You'll need to re-use the grab bar
            3. The front fender that ships is for the 03-06. You'll need to re-use your front fender or replace your forks (assuming your Kat is a 98-02). The stickers I have say GSXF, not Katana (the Blue / White set says Katana). The stickers look the same as OEM, except my new tail doesn't say Suzuki above the tail light. I’ve noticed the stickers vary by seller on ebay.
            I paid $517 shipped (eBay seller Bike-Z). The packaging is good and the fairings look great. These take some work though - they are not perfect in regards to fit (you need to make them work). But OEM fairings would cost somewhere around $2000, so it’s worth the elbow grease.

Also, plan on about a month for delivery. Mine arrived in 16 days, but I've read a month is typical.

Hope this helps!
            OldYella
            2002 Katana 600

My Katana Project
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103012
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, a month for shipping! I think I was looking at the same ones on ebay, the ones coming from hong kong. the shipping was around 200-300 depending on the seller.
              Glad you posted that though, I was considering ordering some just cause they are so cheap and I want to change the color of my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by justinboyce View Post
                Wow, a month for shipping! I think I was looking at the same ones on ebay, the ones coming from hong kong. the shipping was around 200-300 depending on the seller.
                Glad you posted that though, I was considering ordering some just cause they are so cheap and I want to change the color of my bike.
                Considering the location and size of the package, 3-4 weeks isn't too bad. As far as price, most were 250-300 and $225 or so for shipping. One guy listed the fairings as $299 +shipping, when that expired his price jumped to $449 +shipping (apparently Katana fairings are in high demmand - haha).
                OldYella
                2002 Katana 600

My Katana Project
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OldYella View Post
                  I'm just finishing up mine. I have an 02 and wanted to swap the tail for an 03+... then I found these fairings online. I went with Black (almost identical to an 06 Kat).

You don't still have the yellow stuff available do you? I'm looking for a good right side yellow fairing (and a turn signal).

Comment

Originally posted by andrave View Post
                    You don't still have the yellow stuff available do you? I'm looking for a good right side yellow fairing (and a turn signal).
                    No, the previous owner dropped the Kat on both sides, so the old fairings are scraped up.

Here's a post with pics of my eBay fairings

Last edited by OldYella; 10-14-2009, 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    OldYella
                    2002 Katana 600

My Katana Project
                    sigpic

Comment

If you don't mind tweaking them a bit to get them to fit correctly, they look like a great deal..

However, if you have some patience, and don't mind trying repair and paint yourself, you can redo OEM used fairings and paint them cheaper.

I gathered a replacement tank, tail fairings, and all upper fairings for my pre-98 (all used OEM parts and in decent to good shape) and with the cost of the paint gun, paint, reducer and all materials I'll still be under $500.

Plus I will have a complete spare set of fairings as well.

Comment

They seem to work well and look good, but Ill be repainting my originals (dont have $500 to drop on some plastic).

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                          If you don't mind tweaking them a bit to get them to fit correctly, they look like a great deal..

However, if you have some patience, and don't mind trying repair and paint yourself, you can redo OEM used fairings and paint them cheaper.

I gathered a replacement tank, tail fairings, and all upper fairings for my pre-98 (all used OEM parts and in decent to good shape) and with the cost of the paint gun, paint, reducer and all materials I'll still be under $500.

Plus I will have a complete spare set of fairings as well.
                          Originally I was looking to do the tail conversion (2002 for a 2003+). Looking at the cost of the replacement tail, I figured why not spend a little more and completely change the look of the bike.

If I had experience painting, I may have gone that route.

I still have the old set of fairings if I ever want to switch back (or practice painting).
                          OldYella
                          2002 Katana 600

My Katana Project
                          sigpic

Comment

I am buying one of them ebay kits in a couple weeks so if your waiting I will let ya know

Comment

Working...
                            X