X

Sidestand switch & Neutral sensor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidestand switch & Neutral sensor

I've done a search and come up with confusing answers so here is the question. On a trip last year getting on the highway (in the pouring rain), my neutral light came on (while I was going through the gears on the on-ramp). It stayed on for a while and then went out and has not worked since. My local dealer could not find a part # for a neutral sensor. I saw another post where someone linked this issue to the side stand switch. This does not work on my bike either. They found this part # however it is a little pricey. Are these issues linked or what? The bike is a 2001 750 with 31,000 miles. This just happened a few thousand miles ago so I didn't figure a crimped wire would be the culprit. Thanks.

You mean that if you put your bike in gear with the side stand down it doesn't cut off? Could be alittle dangerous. Have you replaced the bulb in the neutral light to check if it still works? Should be able to look up a neutral indicator switch on Ron Ayers, or Bike Bandit.

Comment

46 TERMINAL BASE ASSY, NEUTRAL
      37720-20C00 1 $35.92

its the gear postion switch and neutral switch in one
      Attached Files
      I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

I have that exact switch if you need one.

Comment

Do you think that would be the problem based on my description of the problem? And would this be an easy replacment? I don't do too much work on the bike unless it's a simple bolt on.

Comment

it's two phillips head screws. I would check the bulb first, then don't go to that dealer anymore.

Comment

Bulbs are ordered. I am going to try that first. Is the sensor black and located kind of above and behind the gear lever (selecter or whatever it's called)? It's hard to tell in the picture on Ron Ayers. And how much if I end up needing one? Feel free to send me a PM with the price.

Comment

I won't send you a price, you're gonna PM me with a price you think is fair. You have to take the sprocket cover off to get to that.

Comment

Working...
                X