X

seat preferences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat preferences

Hey guys/gals, wasn't sure where to post this question.Sorry, if I am in the wrong section. Anyway, given the opportunity to purchase either a Suzuki Gel Seat (original upgade option) or a Corbin. what would you go with? If you have either, tell me what you think of it. If your butt has been lucky enough to have graced both of these seats, I really would love your input.(and I am just concerned with performance/comfort on this one, not price.)
    2000 Katana 600
    Search KatRiders with Google | SEO Firefox Extension | New SUSE Linux Users | My Motorcycle Blog

I've only sat on a Corbin on a 76 BMW 90s, and I didn't like the way it felt. I've not been on a kat to compare it... but the seat felt "wider" than stock.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Are you planning on getting a cowl in the future? Because if you are I am not sure if the cowl will fit on a Corbin.

Anyone on this??
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

I have heard a few times that a cowl will not fit on a corbin. You are correct on this. That is all the help I can provide because I still have my stock seat.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

There was another thread a bit ago that a guy had a gel seat and he ended up getting rid of it for a Corbin because he did not like the way it felt while riding...Hopefully he will chime in....
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I just bought a new corbin for my pre98 and I love it. My stock seat was degrating beneath me so I had to get a new one. The corbin is more or so like a seat and the stock seat is more of a saddle. Two different types of seating. The corbin is wider and thinner than the stock seat. The thinner corbin has stiffer foam which requires a 200+ miles break in period. I have about 400 miles with the seat and you would have to pry the seat from my cold dead fingers. Due to the change in seating position less stress is on your wrists. Also it sort of has two sitting positions: one up near the tank like the oem seat and one little back where you sit on and is more comfortable. I recommend the seat very much. Only problem I have, really isn't a problem, just little a difference is that since it is wider it is little harder for me to touch the ground, but then again I have short legs.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I love my Corbin over the stock. I have a few pics of it in my Profile you can look at. The back rest is the best for my wife.
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Man those must be very comfortable because I think my stock is comfortable.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

does a cowl fit on the gel seat? is the gel seat just a more comfortable stock looking seat? has anyone here tryed one? i dont really wanna change seat if i cant get a cowl, i find the stock seat comfortable as is but would still upgrade if i can still get a cowl. if sombody could chime in that would be nice.

-suspect

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
                  Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                  Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by theusualsuspect
                    i dont really wanna change seat if i cant get a cowl,
                    You can get a gel insert , take off the cover , cut some foam , stick in the insert , and reattach the foam . Gel seat for less than $50 and a couple hours work
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Well, the Gel seat has a different shape to it,so it's a little more that just a gel pad shoved into a stock seat i would think. I had ran across one on ebay and was planning on winning it, but the guy ended it. I am still considering the corbin.Like BarMatt said, I have heard they are actually stiffer than a stock but have a better riding position. JaxKat, your's looks great,btw!!!
                      2000 Katana 600
                      Search KatRiders with Google | SEO Firefox Extension | New SUSE Linux Users | My Motorcycle Blog

Comment

Just my Corbin in the mail today. I have to say that it is so much more comfortable than the stock seat is/was, I have never sat on a gel seat, but, I think the comfort of the Corbin can't be beat. It is certainly a great upgrade to any bike. Just my 2 cents worth.
                        I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtx2005
                          I am still considering the corbin. Like BarMatt said, I have heard they are actually stiffer than a stock but have a better riding position. JaxKat, your's looks great,btw!!!
                          Mine has a season of riding on it now, and I can say it is the best.

Last year during some long 10 hour rides with my friends on Harleys and cruisers, we had to stop for breaks every few miles. They said there butts ached too much. I thought they had LazyBoys on wheels. My wife and I on the Kat had no problems whatsoever. We wanted to keep going on. 8)

That Corbin is like a cloud for your butt. I never think about it anymore, and my legs hurt way before my butt will. Bonus is that it also takes pressure off of your hands and wrist some how. With the stock seat I used to get tingley numb hands all the time. Not happend since I got the Corbin. Also my wife doesn't need to hold on for dear life with that removable backrest. I hardly know shes back there some times.

I hope all this helps you a bit. Now I just want it to stop this Damn SNOWING 12" outside so I can ride .......
                          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Working...
                          X