X

160 on the rear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post
    160/60 is the stock size on the 98+, no?
    no. It's the stock size on a Bandit with the SAME rim though figure that one out.

Comment

I love the look of the 160 on the Kat. But agreed its a Personal Perference
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

160/60 works just fine. I am on the peg hard without reaching the edge of the tire and I have a Bandit shock (rear end raised 2") and the $.10 fork mod.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post
          160/60 works just fine. I am on the peg hard without reaching the edge of the tire and I have a Bandit shock (rear end raised 2") and the $.10 fork mod.

Looks GREAT!!!
          sigpic
          Update Jul 11 2014
          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Holy crap! Hey man, do you balls drage the road when you ride?
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              no. It's the stock size on a Bandit with the SAME rim though figure that one out.
              i did on the post above yours

Comment

I got my bike about 3 weeks ago and it had a beat 160 on the rear. I bought a set of Pirelli Diablo's on sale, the rear is a 180. I read that you can fit a 180 on a 160 rim without problems. My bike is a 2005 GSX750F, am I gonna have a problem with the 180?

Comment

Originally posted by LordPofas View Post
                  I got my bike about 3 weeks ago and it had a beat 160 on the rear. I bought a set of Pirelli Diablo's on sale, the rear is a 180. I read that you can fit a 180 on a 160 rim without problems. My bike is a 2005 GSX750F, am I gonna have a problem with the 180?
                  it will handle better with a smaller tire,but if your just posen it will be just fine.

Comment

Running a 160 from a 150. Been Good to me. Pirelli Diablo's feel so much better than the Dunlops it had on it. Running a 180... hmmm, dont know about that as far as handling, think you need a bigger rim. Depends on the brand tire I think though. Most here wont recommend it. (Tend to look out for our own, safety first!)
                    SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
                    Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

Your gonna need at least a 4.5 in. rim for that 180. The widest i could fit on my pre was a 160, on a 3.5" rim. Over that theres clearance issues both with the bike and the rim. You can get it to mount on a smaller one but you run into all kinds of flexing issues. The tire is designed wider at the bead to eliminate that issue. hence 5 inch rims and 190s.
                      Joker
                      The newest addition to the Family!
                      sigpic
                      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

190's actually use a 6 inch rim, and 180's are better on a 5.5....170 is really the widest you should go on a 4.5 wheel, depending upon manufacturer recommendations, most will say 160 max for 4.5 wheels

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                          190's actually use a 6 inch rim, and 180's are better on a 5.5....170 is really the widest you should go on a 4.5 wheel, depending upon manufacturer recommendations, most will say 160 max for 4.5 wheels

I think you may have clearance issues with 180 tire and your brake arm. Also that tire is going to be pretty deformed...

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

holy CREP! thats 2-up my wife would poo herself!LOL!
                            WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                            We Will Always remember!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katana1100 View Post
                              holy CREP! thats 2-up my wife would poo herself!LOL!
                              At the very least, they never look at roller coasters the same again..

My wife thinks they are slow and bumpy...

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah If she survived the heart attack from the turn. She would be trying to kill me on the next straight!

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

I think you may have clearance issues with 180 tire and your brake arm. Also that tire is going to be pretty deformed...

Krey
                                yeah I dont think your getting much more then a 170 to fit in the stock swingarm IF you do something about that brake strut. I went with a 160 on the stocker 3.5. But im still hunting for the elusive Rf600 Wheel we had spoke of. I found 1 right after you had told me but it was sold the next day.
                                Last edited by JokerZwild; 06-04-2009, 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                Joker
                                The newest addition to the Family!
                                sigpic
                                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
                                X