Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Am I retarded (or I am having issues shifting and braking)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I retarded (or I am having issues shifting and braking)

Well I just got my first pair of actual motorcycle boots, and now I am having issues shifting and braking with them on. They are super stiff through the sole and up the calf, so I can't shift and brake with my ankle like I did before. Is this something I will just get used to, or do the boots need to be broken in so I can shift like I have ridden before?
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

I would say a bit of both .... riding boot will always be stiffer then whatever else you've been wearing but yes they will get softer like any regular shoes or boots. I had the same problem when mine were new .. even walking in them was akeward .. now they are broken in ... and I can't imagine riding in nothing else then real riding boots.
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

that's waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too easy so i will refrain.

Your boots are too stiff put them on and walk in them to break the in.
      This is a common issue with MX boots.
      sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
      A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

Thanks, now to deal with the embarrassment of walking around the office with MC boots on. At least they are a nice black.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Most bike boots will be designed so that the ankle will go up and down as it should for shifting . But yeah , all new gear needs to be broken-in .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had the same problem with my new boots. I didn't like that I couldn't really feel the shifter or rear brake pedal with the boots on. They have taken a little getting used to. I wore mine at work all night to help break them in. They were really stiff at first. They are starting to get a lot better now. I still wish I could feel the shifter on the top of my toe and the rear brake pedal on the bottom of my foot better.
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

got some field armor boots the other day I feel your pain lol so damn stiff. Need too find a shoe horn lol
              !This Space For Rent!

Comment

I wore them around work for a day and a half and they really loosened up, but damn it felt like my calves were bruised from the upper portion. Now I have a couple thousand mile in them and they wear much better, the only issue I have now is that they are a little too water proof, and in one of my long days on the bike my feet were all wrinkled up from my feet sweating and the boot not breathing.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet

Comment

Originally posted by thetable
                  the only issue I have now is that they are a little too water proof, and in one of my long days on the bike my feet were all wrinkled up from my feet sweating and the boot not breathing.
                  get some nice wool socks. they don' hold water like cotton and will help wick the sweat away .
                  sigpic

Comment

But alas they were wool socks, SmartWool to be precise. About 8+ hours and my feet were wet, and 10+ they were soaked, far worse than any other waterproof boot I own.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet

Comment

Originally posted by thetable
                      But alas they were wool socks, SmartWool to be precise. About 8+ hours and my feet were wet, and 10+ they were soaked, far worse than any other waterproof boot I own.
                      guess you are hosed
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd be bitching one way or the other, it is just what I do.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet

Comment

try using http://www.rideaddict.com/index.asp?...S&Category=381 I have a pair of the silver socks, you might try the arrows
                          Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                          fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                          fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                          girls = yammah
                          yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Working...
                          X