X

1999 Suzuki katana HELP!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Suzuki katana HELP!!

Hi guys I'm fairly new to riding and am not too mechanically savvy. Im here because im having a problem getting my bike to turn over. Its firing but just isnt turning over. It appears I have power going to the coils. Ive checked the spark plugs and all seems well. Any ideas would be extremely helpful.

Dirty carbs

I have to assume, it turns over but, doesn't fire (start). It can't fire unless it turns over..
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-03-2016, 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Have you measured the power going to the coils? Needs to be at least 11V when the starter is turning over. You can have say 10v, and be getting spark, but it won't be hot enough to ignite.

If it's been a while since the bike tab, the carbs could be dry. Try turning the petcock to prime for 30 seconds to get some fuel in the carbs.

If still no luck, then Junker is probably correct. Head to the wiki and follow carbs 102(not 101, that's for 97 and before). There's also a video version of it.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Or bad petcock, or clogged fuel filter, or bad vac line, or....
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I just rechecked the spark plugs and am not getting any spark. The was recently running last week now it just isnt turning over. i tried priming it but no luck.

Comment

katana dont

I am new here, did u solve the problem? is it working now?

Comment

Working...
            X