X

160 on the rear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
    Yeah If she survived the heart attack from the turn. She would be trying to kill me on the next straight!

yeah I dont think your getting much more then a 170 to fit in the stock swingarm IF you do something about that brake strut. I went with a 160 on the stocker 3.5. But im still hunting for the elusive Rf600 Wheel we had spoke of. I found 1 right after you had told me but it was sold the next day.
    RF600 and Bandit 600 mid 90s....

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      RF600 and Bandit 600 mid 90s....

Krey
      got it! Thx Bro.
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

IMHO: you'll get far better benefits from a 150/70 than a 160/60, but either size can be used on the 98-06 Kats. For a pre-98, the OEM rear wheel maxes out at 150/70 and you shouldn't use a larger tire than that unless you swap rear wheels to a wider wheel.

A whole lot more insight (on a web page to keep me from having to retype it a zillion times):
        CyberPoet's Katana-specific tire advice, tire tips, tire warnings webpage

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'm running a 170 Z6 on the back... I like it, although I probably won't be doing it again as it doesn't like to turn anymore.
          I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
          --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

Working...
          X