Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Pics of bike heart transplant. Need opinions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the yella tail.

Comment

Here's a radical thought for that mock up you have going...

Could you do a veined kind of thing with some glass? Instead of having your typical solid tail, put in some "venting". Enough to get the pipe covered, but still with gaps so it's see through.

Waltari kinda has the look going with those white stripes he has on his, but instead of paint, leave 'em open. What I'm thinking of would have 1/2 to 3/4 inch openings for the see through and the solid bits would run at about 45 to 60 degree angles from the front to the back rather than running straight front to back.

Couldn't double up on it due to strength issues, but there's no doubt it would be a one of a kind look.

ND

Comment

Much better bro, but I don't understand why you're not using the tail from your sig..
        With a little modding it would be the best choice, having vents for the seatpipe, right height to host the seatpipe, right color, right lines and curves and just needing a little work (IF you feel to) to fill up the gap.
        You could use the saddle aso.

If you have a pic with that tail from the side I would be happy to show you what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
          If you have a pic with that tail from the side I would be happy to show you what I mean.
          Thanks for the input, everyone.Kwebbel, here are a few pics i hope you can work with, if yiou need any more veiws, let me know.

Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Ok bro will play with some thoughts I've got.
            btw if you would have a bigger pic from the bike with this tail mounted (the one in your sig would do) it would help for proportions.

Comment

Here you go, thanks.

Comment

Been trying to line up the lines and curves off the tail with the lines and curves off front, this would be imo the best you can do using this tail.
                Rotated the tail -7 degrees making room for the seatpipe, shaved the lower tail part, connecting it too the front, shaved the rear off the tail thus creating a bit larger area for the exhaust to be seen from the side and leaving room for a small taillight.
                Showed the original pic and this one too some others, they all liked the modded one, hope you do too.

Anyhow shoot!
                Attached Files

Comment

while your at it...change the blue

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                    while your at it...change the blue
                    In the plan, next winter.

Comment

I kinda like the blue, got that Miami Vice vibe......

Comment

Working...
                      X