X

What's it worth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth

I have a NOS seat for a 1983 Katana gs750sd. it's red and grey. It's never been mounted and still in the original box. I am considering selling it. What's it worth??

Compare to an eBay search to give you an idea of the going rate. Just the seat cover seems to have a going rate of $50 or higher, but that doesn't mean it's selling, it's all about demand and the buyer will also consider shipping costs.

Comment

Looks like they are going for $50-$100 on eBay right now.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

NOS

I am not talking about a replacement seat upholstery made by a third party. It's NOS (new old stock) !! Anyone looking to restore any type vehicle to original would know the value of an NOS piece. To my surprise an 1983 1100 NOS seat sold for $625 last week.

Comment

Just because it's NOS doesn't mean it's made of gold. It's still only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

What's it worth

That goes without saying. I posed the question becasue this is a Katana specific forum and I am looking for knowledgeable responses from members that are familiar with VINTAGE Katanas. I am not trying to insult any later model owner but there is a higher value for parts that are no longer or limited quantities available.

Comment

That seat that sold on ebay was a remake of the original gs1000 seat.The seller may have listed it as NOS but its a new leather version they make.The old style seat's were made from a suede like material.The only reason I know this is because I emailed the seller from ebay and asked if it was actually old stock or the leather style version.

As for your seat,if someone needs a red and white NOS Im sure they will pay market value.try listing it on ebay and see what the market will pay.

Im not a pro on pricing but I do keep an eye on ebay for used parts.

good luck with your sale.

Comment

what's it worth

Thank you for an intelligent answer. Just an f.y.i. In the US, the 1982 NOS seat had the suede like rear section. The 1983 1100 model has a leather-like rear section. I own three 1983s and my friend owns two 1982 1000s. Thanks again. Although I am selling one of my 1983 750s, I think I am going to hold on to the seat for the bike I am restoring. Any fairing out there for sale??

Comment

i have a mint front fairing from suzuki(its a real NOS)never used for a 82 1000.Its sitting in storage.
                  I would swap it for a factory 83 fairing with the blue stripes.
                  Drop me a pm if your interested.

Comment

$50, would make a killer sled in the winter time.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If you were from Oz and it was blue and grey, I'd be as pleased as punch to get it for anything under $300. Just giving you a heads up for your original question.
                      Scott.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. If it was blue and gray I probably wouldn't consider selling it. My 1983 -1100 is my favorite!

Comment

Working...
                        X