No announcement yet.
X

New Paint Finally Finished - Spray Can

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I kept as much of the original paint on the plastics as I could so that the new paint would have a good base to bond to. There were scratches on some areas that I had to repair so on those areas I used 220 to smooth and then used finer grits. I ended up wetsanding everything so the paint so all the paint was lightly scuffed.
    99 Katana - 08 WR250X - 77 Chevy Vega - 89 Caravan 3.0 - 89 Caravan 2.2 Turbo - 07 G5 - 04 Sierra

Comment

tanks for the help, this is my results so far, i am still waiting for my undertail and graphic kit and ehaust.

Comment

Looking good shawnl61489. Glad I could be of some help. What type of undertail and exhaust did you order?
        99 Katana - 08 WR250X - 77 Chevy Vega - 89 Caravan 3.0 - 89 Caravan 2.2 Turbo - 07 G5 - 04 Sierra

Comment

just the 01 tail, i was going to the 03 plus but i didnt want to go through the trouble. and i am ordering Vance & Hines
          SS2-R

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
            you would probably make a few bucks by buying used rear grab bars, installing the LED's and selling here on KR
            great looking bike! i'd buy a mod'd grab bar...
            Tejasandre

Comment

I have considered doing some more of these. I'm currently in South Carolina until the end of April for work training so maybe once I get back home and have the tools I will make some. Its nice to hear others like what I have done with my bike. Thanks.

Comment

when you ordered from krazykreation.net did u have to email them to order it, and how long did it take

Comment

They were selling them on ebay when I bought it. Probably emailing them would work. I think it might have been like 2 weeks or so from the end of the auction until I recieved it.

Comment

very nice

Comment

Wow! That looks great.
                      It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

Bike looks great!
                        Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X