No announcement yet.
X

New Paint Finally Finished - Spray Can

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a fine example of why I look at this board. That is just amazing work.
    sigpic

"Computer users who do not back up their data deserve to lose it, period." - William H. Gates III

Comment

Very good job, the third tail light is very clever.
      Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" is complete: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103420

Comment

dam that that is a clean lookin bike.nice man!

Comment

Wow, what can I say?
          That bike looks sweet, nice job man
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
            Oh and I'd definitely change the front indicators for some clear ones....
            I agree - but I'd go with dark (smoke) lenses to match the windscreen - bike looks awesome though - like the tail. Hadn't seen those before.
            "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

I was going to get the smoked turn signals, but have just put off buying them. Now that its together I also think it might need to the orange since it adds some color to the bike. It may still be a future change
              99 Katana - 08 WR250X - 77 Chevy Vega - 89 Caravan 3.0 - 89 Caravan 2.2 Turbo - 07 G5 - 04 Sierra

Comment

Very nice man, luv the color choice n the tail section came out great

Comment

The bike looks awsome

Comment

Okay I tried to show how the wiring is run in the grab bar. I know this probably doesn't help too much, but it was the best I could do without actual pictures. The black lines show where I cut a groove into the bar. The center was cut fairly wide so that their was room to solder the leds and wires together. Then expoxy was spread totally around the wiring to seal and prevent shorts.

99 Katana - 08 WR250X - 77 Chevy Vega - 89 Caravan 3.0 - 89 Caravan 2.2 Turbo - 07 G5 - 04 Sierra

Comment

I love the leds in the grab bar. I have wanted to do a mod like that for a couple years now, but I have no drill press or access to one. I was going to add turn signals to my grab bar as well.

edit: Kind of like XXXX 000000 XXXX (where X=Amber LED for turn signal, and 0=red for running/brake light)
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

The whole job is really impressive!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Sasquatch - thats a great Idea of having the turn signals also on the bar. I just dont know how visible the amber leds would be during the day, but it would be a great addition. Maybe over winter I might pick up an extra bar and try something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by KustomKat View Post
                            Sasquatch - thats a great Idea of having the turn signals also on the bar. I just dont know how visible the amber leds would be during the day, but it would be a great addition. Maybe over winter I might pick up an extra bar and try something like that.

Anything will help. I have the integrated tail light and turn signal from Clear alternatives, and in the sun, you cannot see them for crap.

I saw some very bright LED's that I thought would work, as they were pretty visible in the daytime.
                            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Yeah since you have the integrated tail light having them in the bar also would look really great. I was also considering putting leds in the passenger foot pegs to be added turn signals.

Comment

Looks GREAT!
                                Also, nice MKIII in the back ground, is it yours? Turbo?
                                I invite you to church.

Comment

Working...
                                X