No announcement yet.
X

My Project GSXR PIC HEAVY!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, some pretty sweet advice, that's for sure!!!
    sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
    2004 Katana 600 - Gone
    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Make sure you get some printer paper to minimalize overspray
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

PC is $300, I've just never heard of a bike with a stock ECU that is programmable for new fuel maps. Not saying there isnt, just that Im not aware of it. I dont pay much attention to Suzukis though

As for a Kawi, its not even close, the PC and Ign module are cheaper than the Kit ECU.

That said, I would much rather have the Kit ECU than the piggyback BS
        The SAGEM fuel injection used on most late model triumphs can be reprogrammed via OBDII cable and some freeware software from the internet. Just FYI.

It's the only system like it that I've ever seen.

Most people who get power commanders usually end up taking them off eventually....
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks for the confusion Steve, I'm going to have to do research now. Well, maybe later, I think I'm just going to get the paper filter for this season. Seems a bit cheaper than a PC.
          sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

I've never heard of a bike from the big 4 having a tunable ECU stock. I know on the Kawis you have to replace with race ECU ($700) then buy the USB cable ($300) to have a timing and fuel adjustable, factory, non piggyback control unit.

Not saying I dont believe you, just that I've NEVER heard of that...
            Sin actually has the programmer to do the stock GSX-R ECU's, like I said I know at least some are programmable, just not sure about the 02 600.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
              Sin actually has the programmer to do the stock GSX-R ECU's, like I said I know at least some are programmable, just not sure about the 02 600.
              Very interesting.

Pa, you dont need a PC for just a filter and slip on. It'll crackle a little bit, but it's not a big deal.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
                printer paper?.. meh.. too expensive...

wax paper rolls from the dollar store FTW...
                But you have to pay for them! I just steal cardboard boxes from BEHIND the dollar store.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

!!! MAJOR UPDATE !!! Just got a package in the mail, ran over to the man-cave and installed THESE!!!

I KNOW, right!?!?!? Well, if you look back at the first page of the build, you'll see there were some 1.5' bolts in there, I bought the right ones, they're installed.
                  sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                  2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Every little bit/bolt gets you closer.
                    John,
                    sigpic

Comment

• Indeed. Got a few more I have to order, but not paying the shipping for a couple tiny bolts. I'll wait 'till I order my chain/sprockets, or tires or something.
                      sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• You should check with the local stealership for the bolts. Last week I noticed I lost one of my seat bolts. Stealership had them on the shelf, and didn't even charge me for them.
                        John,
                        sigpic

Comment

• My local stealership is about 30 miles away. I'll just order the bolts.
                          sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• I found Stainless bolts like the originals that could be used on fairings and such at my local ACE hardware... may be worth a shot...
                            "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• This is a labour of love...

keep it up bro...

Lookin Good!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
                                I found Stainless bolts like the originals that could be used on fairings and such at my local ACE hardware... may be worth a shot...
                                The fairing bolts, I'll be buying the kit from MPS. Bought one before and LOVE it. Decent price too. The ones for the FRAME...I'm going stock. Don't wanna mess with that stuff.

Originally posted by UncleBuck View Post
                                This is a labour of love...

keep it up bro...

Lookin Good!!
                                Thanks bud. I'm THINKING another month or two before it's done. This waiting SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!
                                sigpic

2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Working...
                                X