X

Is my katana worth ANYTHING?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my katana worth ANYTHING?

I can't get any bites on my 2002 in great running and driving condition because I don't have a title for it, nor do I have the ambition to swap parts to another frame, or otherwise dick around with it. I have tried local boards, CL, etc, and although it is late in the year I am asking next to nothing for an actual running ridable bike.

Anyone have any luck on eBay? Parting out is such a pain in the ***.

No title = no sale for most people looking for a complete bike. You'll have to pretty much give it away, because without paper, it's an useless machine. The new owner can't get it licensed to ride it legally. Is the title simply lost so that you could file for lost title? Otherwise, everyone seeing it instantly assumes it's stolen....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Does your state title bikes? Just curious. Some don't....
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by DominicRI View Post
        I can't get any bites on my 2002 in great running and driving condition because I don't have a title for it, nor do I have the ambition to swap parts to another frame, or otherwise dick around with it. I have tried local boards, CL, etc, and although it is late in the year I am asking next to nothing for an actual running ridable bike.

If there is no title, then the frame is basically worthless. You have an engine, wheels, suspension, and plastics. Do a quick search on what those basic parts are running on ebay, and you have the prices if you part it.

If your not willing to part it, then figure about 1/2 the total price you came up with for parting it out to sell it whole.

Most states = no title, no riding...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You might try contacting your DMV and applying for a lost title, might make it a little easier/quicker to sell.
          Tony
          1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

yep you might get a new title this way or the cops will come knocking on your door.

Originally posted by TonyKZ1 View Post
            You might try contacting your DMV and applying for a lost title, might make it a little easier/quicker to sell.
            Tony
            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

stretch it and drag race it dude !!! sorry i couldnt help myself ( old habits are hard to break) ........A THOUGHT THOUGH!!!

Comment

Katana's aren't track bikes..they are a commuter bike...that's why GSXR's, R6's and R1's, ZX's, CbR's can sell with no title because most people will convert those to track bikes and even so no title in most riders heads means...STOLEN...
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by DominicRI View Post

It's that time of year........ I turned down an offer for $2200 for my bike in May or June. Now I've decided to move permanently in December, and I haven't found even one interested person at $1500. It sucks, but if you want/have to sell in the fall, you're going to take a hit.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

How much are you asking? Where are you located? and do you have pictures??? I might be interested.....
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

It's an 02 with 14k I was trying to get 700-800. In RI you can register a 10 year or more old bike with a dealer bill of sale which I have but for some dumb reason I was thinking it was an 00 and not an 02.

Comment

I titled an untitled '72 Suzuki GT350 here in Ontario once.

I had to go to a police station with the bike & VIN & get a report that the bike was never reported stolen, then I had to go to a Suzuki dealership & they wrote me a letter stating that I was in possession of the bike. Took those to the MOT & voila! - new title in my name.

Other than getting around on an unlicensed bike (I took a chance & slapped on a valid plate from another bike, otherwise I would've had to trailer it everywhere), it was relatively simple.
                        Last edited by kruzuki; 10-07-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kruzuki View Post
                          I titled an untitled '72 Suzuki GT350 here in Ontario once.

I had to go to a police station with the bike & VIN & get a report that the bike was never reported stolen, then I had to go to a Suzuki dealership & they wrote me a letter stating that I was in possession of the bike. Took those to the MOT & voila! - new title in my name.

Other than getting around on an unlicensed bike (I took a chance & slapped on a valid plate from another bike, otherwise I would've had to trailer it everywhere), it was relatively simple.
                          That's basically what I had to do with my first bike, a 1975 Kawasaki KZ400. While I did have a title to it they had a typo on the VIN, and the inspection station wouldn't approve it. So I had to go to the Police Station, after they found that it wasn't stolen and they looked at it, I filled out their forms, and then they gave me a form with the correct VIN to show the inspection station. Then later when I got the new title, it of course had my name and the correct VIN.
                          Tony
                          1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Without a title no, it's not worth anything.

No one will drag it cuz it's slow, no one will track it because of the suspension weight and engine, you need a title if you ever want to sell it or swap to a titled frame.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                            X