X

Fender eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender eliminator

Where is a good place to get one for my 05 600?
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

found this one on Ebay

> Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

I have been looking at that same fender eliminator for the '02 kat. It is a Competition Werkes brand eliminator. Anybody have any experience with these?

Comment

Originally posted by wantakat
        I have been looking at that same fender eliminator for the '02 kat. It is a Competition Werkes brand eliminator. Anybody have any experience with these?
        I have one and love it. Kinda pricey but looks great and was easy to install. Check out my profile.

Comment

Can you describe it a little...what makes it so different from the $20 license plate holders?

Comment

Originally posted by wantakat
            Can you describe it a little...what makes it so different from the $20 license plate holders?
            It cost $132.99 and looks coooool.

Comment

This is where I got my bracket. Best price I have see.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Yep, it looks cool !!! But you're checkbook won't like the price.

Now, where's that bracket I had made??

Comment

i went w/ compwerkes... i love it. yes, a bit pricey... but looks clean if you install it and paint the metal plate to match your bodywork.
                  I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                  http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I am happy with my fender chop, and my plate just mounted to the tail. Looks clean, and it was free!
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      I am happy with my fender chop, and my plate just mounted to the tail. Looks clean, and it was free!
                      Hey Lou, do you have anything that shows exactly where you cut and where/how you mounted the license plate? Also, did you have to do anything with the turn signals? I would be very happy with this method as long as I know exactly what I'm doing before I start cutting
                      > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                      97 Mustang GT
                      95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Well, the easiest way I found was to actually take a look at the bike, and see where you want to cut first. I have a 99, so I am not sure if it is the same but....

Cut the fender along the undertray (the black plastic part). There are 2 areas on mine that have "Tabs" where there are screw holes that mount the tray to the side fairings. Do not cut those away, but cut around them. Before doing this, remove the turn signals. As you cut, you will be cutting the big square peice off the back as well that holds on the Lic. Plate. Remeber, there is a light in there, and that will need to be unpluged (white plug on mine, the grey plug and the black plug are for the blinkers). And just follow the lines of your bike. Pretty easy actually, just take a look at the bike, and know where to cut before making the cut. Maybe even take like a marker or something before cutting so you know where to cut.

As for the blinkers, you can either use flush mounts (Drill a whole in the fairing, and run the wires throgu, the lights stick on with 3M tape) which is what I did, or you can get something like the creese bracket, or make your own bracket, and mount either the big fugly stock blinkers to that, or opt to get nicer, smaller, and more sleek looking aftermarket ones for like $17 to $20 bucks.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

if you dont mind blowing $300... this is by far the best i've seen for 03-05...

http://bikepartsforyou.com/Katana%2004%20Undertail.htm
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
                            if you dont mind blowing $300... this is by far the best i've seen for 03-05...

http://bikepartsforyou.com/Katana%2004%20Undertail.htm
                            I have been looking at that site for some time. The undertray for the 98-02 looks really good to me, but I could never get over the cost.

Comment

Working...
                            X