X

exhaust pipe size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust pipe size?

how big is the exhaust pipes on the kats. i cant measure mine its in at the shop. ill show you guys what i want to do as soon as i find the pic on the site that looks similar
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

For what kind of exhaust? Stock pre98, 98+, aftermarket? I can get you a number on the 98+, but I've never had a stock pre98 exhaust, and I never measured the V&H I had on the last one.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

its 90 gsx kat with only one outlet pipe

this is kinda like what i want to do but to the side of the bike with stainless
      v8.jpg
      The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

If you've got only one outlet, then you have either a later model exhaust, or an aftermarket exhaust. Do you know exactly what kind of exhaust is on it?
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

well idk it was that way when i got it. its a 4 into 1 pipe thats all that i know about it. i have to get a new set because its all rusty and i cant get it off

Comment

any one have any ideas on how to get a set of really rusty pipes off. and were to get new exhaust bolts. one of mine is snapped off. it took me twenty minutes to get the pipe off at the joint.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
              any one have any ideas on how to get a set of really rusty pipes off. and were to get new exhaust bolts. one of mine is snapped off. it took me twenty minutes to get the pipe off at the joint.
              Penatrating oils, light impact settings on impact wrenches, heating the bolts, or finally drilling the bolts out if broken are all different possibilities.

I would suggest bolts from a place that specializes in selling them if you have one local. I have a local place that can get just about any bolt (or has them on the shelf) and they are very reasonably priced.

Buying them from the dealer will jack up the cost per bolt by alot... but you still probably could get each one for $2-$3 per.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X