Pretty close, yes...

3-4
    1-2
    1-3....

Krey
    No. The kat is 1-2, 3-4, 2-3.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
      won't make any difference really.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Neat idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Pretty close, yes...

3-4
          1-2
          1-3....

Krey
          Originally posted by brooder View Post

No, no, no, you guys have it all wrong. It's:

4-3
          2-1
          then
          3-2

Just depends on which side of the bike you stand.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
            No, no, no, you guys have it all wrong. It's:

4-3
            2-1
            then
            3-2

Just depends on which side of the bike you stand.
            If you go that way, you have do it...

4-3
            2-1
            4-2...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Great idea. Krey, you've given me inspiration. Nice work. What mm tubing do you use for the tubes to the carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
                Great idea. Krey, you've given me inspiration. Nice work. What mm tubing do you use for the tubes to the carbs?

I don't know...

I just picked one at the lowes clear tubing isle...

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  If you go that way, you have do it...

4-3
                  2-1
                  4-2...

Krey
                  Odd. The service manual says that the carbs are in sync when 1 and 4 are matched. Doesn't even give an order to use.
                  Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                  -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                  -Terence

Comment

If 1 & 2 are matched and if 3 & 4 are matched, would it matter if you matched 1 & 3 or 1 & 4 or 2 & 3 or 2 & 4.

It doesn't make sense otherwise??????

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
                      If 1 & 2 are matched and if 3 & 4 are matched, would it matter if you matched 1 & 3 or 1 & 4 or 2 & 3 or 2 & 4.

It doesn't make sense otherwise??????
                      That's kinda been the point of the last few posts in jest...

1-2 are tied together, 3-4 are tied together, and those 2 sets are tied together for the butterfly adjustments (what you are syncing).

If you sync 1-2, doesn't matter what anything else is doing atm, those are "set". Same for 3-4. You can sync those 2 sets in any order. 1-2 first, or 3-4 first. Doesn't matter. Once they are synced as pairs, you sync the 2 pairs together. It doesn't matter which one of each pair you choose, as they are going to be the same (you just made sure of that by syncing them.)

Humor can be so dangerous...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

I used the single tube method... and didn't catch the vaccume QUITE quick enough *oops* Lil smokey in the garage for a few.
                        sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                        '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                        '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

would this order work

1&2 then 2&3 then 3&4 leap frogging leaving existing settings and setting next to sum of prior?

or set 1c to 2c
                          2c to 3 c
                          and 3c to 4c

or would you still have to set 1and 2 bank to 3 and 4 bank?

in my minds eye if all you are after is equal pull from each 1&2 2&3 3&4 would work unless im missing something

anyways this is great and it will prolong me spending the 100$ for the real tool for a while i just want to be certain before i jump in

Comment

If you can use a single tube, why not get a four-way brass splitter and use four tubes (with the low point at the splitter) -- or if you can't score a four-way, two three-ways connected by a short bit of tube?
                            I'd think this would be just as effective and let you do all four at the same time

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

wepainters.... at this point in the thread I can't tell if you are tying into the humor or not, but if you are serious, no it won't work that way. The adjustments are to equalize carbs 1&2 then carbs 3&4 and then the "sets" of 1&2 to 3&4 that is just how the adjustment screws are set up. Synch each pair and then synch the two pairs together.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
                                wepainters.... at this point in the thread I can't tell if you are tying into the humor or not, but if you are serious, no it won't work that way. The adjustments are to equalize carbs 1&2 then carbs 3&4 and then the "sets" of 1&2 to 3&4 that is just how the adjustment screws are set up. Synch each pair and then synch the two pairs together.

See... I told you humor could be dangerous....

Krey
                                93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X