X

Mikuni carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikuni carbs

I have a 1988 1100cc and love it. I bought it with a couple extras that excited me at first but i'm starting to realize that their upkeep is more than I understand how to do.

PROBLEM:
    Currently running the Mikuni carbs with the K&N filters and they are REALLY hard to get synced right. They seem pretty touchy. I have to constantly take them in to someone else and I still don't think they're perfect. I noticed another post recommending a switch to the OEM filters but that wouldn't really fix my touchy carbs. Is there a simple fix or should I consider locating some OEM parts?

If anyone wants to trade me or buy these i'd be interested. Thanks
    Are we riding yet?

you got K&N pod filters?

Comment

oem filter dude...arsenic made that pic for a reason

Comment

Welcome to KR dude. Can I get you some coffee, tea, or donuts? While you are waiting, sit back and enjoy the site. There are many, many areas to search for valuable information that will really please you. Again, welcome and enjoy our hospitality.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
          Welcome to KR dude. Can I get you some coffee, tea, or donuts? While you are waiting, sit back and enjoy the site. There are many, many areas to search for valuable information that will really please you. Again, welcome and enjoy our hospitality.
          haha:

Throw an OEM filter in there and try tuning again. Unless you know your stuff with bike carbs your life will be one big headache with the K&N
          Last edited by Astro4x4; 11-15-2008, 08:29 PM.
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
            Throw an OEM filter in there and try tuning again. Unless you know your stuff with bike carbs your life will be one big headache with the K&N
            uuummm, I DO know my stuff with bike carbs The K&N STILL blows

Comment

Originally posted by kweef View Post
              oem filter dude...arsenic made that pic for a reason
              Sounds like the airbox is long gone! So a stock filter wont help.

Comment

well, get the airbox too

Comment

Working...
                X